Texts from iPhone users aren't being received

rbrtito

May 18, 2013
Visit site
I was wondering If anyone has been having this issue or is having it. I wasnt receiving text messages from a friend and I know that that they are using an iPhone. So when I got home I used an iphone to text me in the galaxy s4 I notice that the iPhone is trying to send the message as an imessage and not a normal message and thats why im not getting there messages. Has Anyone else been getting this issue too?

Last edited by a moderator:

bosshaug12

Jun 7, 2012
Visit site
Re: receiving texts from iphone users aren't being received

I'm not sure if it has anything to do with it being an iPhone so much as AT&T's service.
My dad, brother, my boss, and I have all had this problem lately. Between any brand of phones but all on AT&T.

Give it a few days to see if it's some network work on their end they have to clean up. If not contact AT&T and see if they can help.

rbrtito

May 18, 2013
Visit site

Thanks cause I thought it was a problem with me using the go sms app by dev team. I just that for texting cause it allows my to still be able to use emoji with my friends that have iphones

- - - Updated - - -

Thanks cause I thought it was a problem with me using the go sms app by dev team. I just that for texting cause it allows my to still be able to use emoji with my friends that have iphones

- - - Updated - - -

ITS ME DAVID

Nov 27, 2011
Visit site

I had the same problem it's because iPhone has iMessage and most likely you had your iPhone setup to receive iMessage also have your friends send you text to your cell number NOT your imessage email.

Jessie Heminway

May 30, 2013
Visit site

My iPhone was stolen and I replaced it with an android. I am not successfully sending and receiving texts from my old iPhone pals.
I have done all of these things. I have turned off, erased, reset and still there are some who can not text me.
I have stood in line at AT&T and on the phone with Apple.
Is there anything else I can do?
Grrrrrr... I am so frustrated.

kctay

May 26, 2013
Visit site

Turn off iMessage on your device and then deregister your iPhone from your Apple profile.

https://supportprofile.apple.com
Sign in with your Apple ID
Edit products

I have the same problem. I switched to a S4, and cannot receive texts from my wife, who still has an iPhone. All my wife's texts were going to my iPad. So I turned off iMessage on my iPad. Still can't get messages. I went to my support profile at Apple and deleted my old iPhone. I still can't get texts from iPhone users. The only way I can get a text from my wife is to turn off my iPad completely, have her turn off iMessages on her phone, and then I can receive her texts.

I also had my wife delete my contact info, reboot her phone and put my contact info back in on iCloud. This didn't work either.

If you search Google you can see all these people having the same problem with this dating back over a year, and nobody has solved this yet? I use my phone for business, so there is no way I can call all my contacts that have iPhones and tell them to turn iMessaging off, or delete my contact, reboot your phone, and re-enter my phone number. It's madness.

Last edited:

n4uau

Jun 1, 2013
Visit site

I had the problem upgrading from Iphone 4 to an S4. Needed to go into imessage under settings on iphone then to Send and Receive and UN check the phone number as it is now an android not an iphone. Worked for me. I still do imessage on my ipad wifi only via the wifi. The sales man at ATT should have done this, he didn't and it took 49 text messages and a trip back to ATT to resolve the problem.

Deb Achhorner

Jun 11, 2013
Visit site

Hi,

I had a similar problem which I think I've just solved. I had changed from iphone (gave this to my daughter) and put my SIM card into google nexus 4 phone. At first everything was perfect - no problems. We went on holidays to the US and I changed SIM cards around a couple of times. Since I came back home I have not been receiving any text messages from iphone users, even if they have 'On' the button to send messages using SMS if iMessage is not available (ie to send messages to non-Apple devices).

Not sure if there is a connection with the travel. I followed a forum advice on this topic and first step:
Go to: https://supportprofile.apple.com/MySupportProfile.do
Click on "edit products"
Click on the "x" to the right of the product.
Click "unregister"

Then I went to my old iPhone and searched through all the General settings, Apple ID settings and message settings. There were still some places where my phone number and Apple ID were showing. So then either through the iphone (if possible) or on my Mac through Apple ID settings and the MySupportProfile settings I made sure there were no references on the iPhone to my phone number or Apple ID and no references in my Apple ID to my phone number which I now use on my Android phone. Then I backed up the iPhone to iTunes (to save my daughter's apps etc) and did a full reset of the iPhone. Now I get my messages on my Nexus 4.

I have read on this forum and others that people deduce the problem to be with the phone carrier. In my case I think it was a problem with how Apple products are set up.

Hope that is helpful to anyone out there who is struggling with this frustrating problem.

gottabook

Jul 9, 2013
Visit site

rbrtito and all,

I too have been experiencing this issue and was about to turn my new Galaxy s4 back into Best Buy. I visited the Apple store the night before and they got me halfway to fixing the problem but it still persisted. My friends who had previously communicated with me over imessage had to turn off their own iPhone's iMessage in order for me to be able to receive texts from them. Today, I went to a BestBuy location that has a Samsung "store in store" concept in east Plano, TX and the Samsung guy got online to chat with other Samsung technicians about this issue. Here is the link to a 9 page document that goes through a number of steps how to deactivate iMessage and get texts on your Android (while still maintaining iMessage on any other Apple devices that you might still have, if you so desire): rbrtito and all, I too have been...as it finally did for me. Good luck! Andrea

Kristabelle16

Jul 29, 2013
Visit site

Just finished resolving this issue. I had to deregister my phone from my apple ID.. go to appleid.apple.com and deregister your old iphone. Then turn off the imessage from the iphone that you were using as well. That did it for me. :) Goodluck. I know this is so frustrating

Roy Kurka

Oct 27, 2013
Visit site

I have logged into apple and de-registered all my devices. Now as for turning off iMessage, I have already reset the phone to factory defaults...and I am still not getting iphone texts

Gene Oliver

Oct 28, 2013
Visit site

When I had this problem I had to one more step that is not listed above as I was receiving texts from SOME iPhone users but not all.
Text all your contacts you know have iPhones and have them change YOUR contact info from iPhone to Mobile. If your texting friends have you listed in their contacts as an iPhone the default message will always iMessage.
You still need to remove the link from your phone number to iMessage in iTunes as described above! but without a little help from your friends (changing your contact info in their iPhones) your ability to receive text messages will be limited to those that never knew you used to use a iPhone.

nriggz

Feb 10, 2014
Visit site

Hey everyone, this is a very common problem and I know the easiest fix. I registered for this forum just to help all of you frustrated people with this problem.

Just call 1-800-MY-IPHONE and tell them to deactivate your imessage account for the associated phone number. Within 24 hours, your problem will be solved.

In the past, you could just "unregister device" or turn off imessage in settings, etc or change your contact from "iphone" to "mobile" but since ios7, none of these things work any more or if they do it is hit and miss.

The solution above works every time without a hitch. The only rub is sometimes they want to charge you $20 for the service call. If they say that, just hang up and try a different person. I have never had to pay for this. They are intentionally making it difficult to switch to an android, IMO.

Good luck!

Dawn Ackerly

May 6, 2014
Visit site
I just got the Galaxy S5 and I am also having the same issueswith tesxting my friends with IPhones. When I text people I never get a response and when they finally do get it they say they responded but my messg say unavailable. This is very frustrating to me because I have an Avon business and I text my customers to let them know when their orders are ready. Can some please help.:'(

Mojoski

Aug 24, 2012
Visit site
This is a known issue for users coming from iPhones to other platforms, and it is Apple's fault. It has to do with how I Message works and the fact that Apple thinks your phone number is still associated with an iPhone when it really isn't anymore.. Do a Google search for "cant receive texts from iphone users" and you'll find lots of info on how to get it fixed with Apple.

Sent from my Sero 7 Pro using Tapatalk

Frantik85

May 15, 2014
Visit site
Simple fix, -?Send a text to 48369 with the word STOP

I had the same issue, Who ever had my number before me had an iphone. So all the txts I wasn't recieving from Iphones, were going to the previous owners iphone due to the number still being registered on his itunes or w/e. sending this unregisters your number from apple, so iphones should not see that number as an iphone anymore and you should be able to recieve their texts!

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DragnDon