Howdy!
    I got my phone about a week and a half ago, and basically adore everything about it...except for the contacts. I have synced my Facebook contacts, but it won't join with the phone number. By this I mean when I hit "join contact" and select the Facebook, they are still two separate entries in my contacts list. When I join Facebook to Gmail, they will consolidate into one contact. This is what I would like to happen when I join the phone number and Facebook account.
    Any solutions?
    Thanks!
    readyryan likes this.
    05-20-2013 04:56 PM
    Im having the same problem. Any luck?
    05-26-2013 09:32 PM
    Nope, no luck so far
    06-06-2013 03:35 PM
    You may have already done this, but here is how I do it and it always works:
    Go to the contact you would consider the main one, for me it's Google. From inside the contact click on the menu button next to the home button on the bottom of the phone. From there select join contact and select the contact from the list. I just did this to a contact last night and it works perfectly.

If that is already the method you are using you might want to wipe FB from your phone, then log back in to FB and re-sync your contacts. In most cases the contact automatically join themselves. The only time I have to use the above method is when the names are not identical from Google to FB. For example: my wife uses her maiden name as her middle name on FB, so her contact has to be manually joined.
    06-07-2013 09:12 AM
    I've tried unsynching with facebook then synching again, and my facebook contacts still wont link with my phone contacts. Even when I try to do it manually it won't work. I just got my S4 yesterday.
    06-30-2013 06:05 AM
    From what I have saw on the web you need to spell your contacts the same way your facebook friends are spelled. What you could try is uninstall the app then install it again.

Sent from Galaxy S4
    Techeasy ABC
    06-30-2013 05:44 PM
    Old Samsung worked fine, issue with Nexus like yourself. Other forums have said there's a bug in latest android and have downloaded apps like sync.ME which I'm about to try
    07-03-2013 03:31 PM
    I got it to work by going into the contact, edit, delete the name, retype it (just doing this to the last letter will work) and the phone will ask me if I want to join the contacts. It's pretty cumbersome, but it works, as long as you use the same spelling as the FB or gmail contact.
    AudreyS likes this.
    07-21-2013 07:18 PM
    I had the same problem, chances are its the mobile number being recorded in different apps differently, ie I had to change the ffirst zero to 44 and the save, then the contacts will link/join. You can then change the number back if you wish and the link will remain.
    08-03-2013 08:05 PM
    I did the "edit" thing where I went in and started to edit the name of my contact and as soon as the contact matched the Facebook name the phone offered to join the contacts. Once that's done, you an go back in and edit again to change he name (if for example your friend's "Facebook name" isn't their real name and you want it in your contacts under their real name). Its tedious but it works.
    08-06-2013 09:35 PM
    Found your post and it was a life saver. I keep changing my phone for this and that and screw up my contacts.
    So thanks and thanks again. :-)
    08-13-2013 12:10 PM
    I'm having similar troubles. I link all my contacts (facebook and gmail) manually and randomly my contacts will come unlinked. why is this happening? I'm not forcing any apps to close. I've noticed that this started after I installed the verizon update. could that have anything to do with it?

Thanks
    11-18-2013 11:36 AM
    How i solved the same issue...( it is a trail and error method)

Take the contact you want to join then select edit option then delete one or two mob nos and rewrite the same again and apply save..then try join contact for the contact on usual way...its worked in my S4 mini dual sim phone

thanks
    Abdul Ahad
    02-02-2014 04:28 AM
    I got it to work by going into the contact, edit, delete the name, retype it (just doing this to the last letter will work) and the phone will ask me if I want to join the contacts. It's pretty cumbersome, but it works, as long as you use the same spelling as the FB or gmail contact.
    That worked perfectly. This is the only solution I've found so far that actually solves the problem. I don't even think it's that cumbersome, and certainly less frustrating than repeatedly trying to link them in various combinations only to still have multiple listings in the Contact list. Thank you!
    07-02-2014 11:45 AM