I currently have the Nexus 4. I have an upgrade coming up next week and I am really having trouble deciding if I should save that upgrade, or if I should go ahead and get the GS4.
    Before the N4, I had a GS3 and while I really liked it I decided to change up and I traded it for an N4. I know I need to make my own choice and such but I am interested in hearing from those who either have both the N4 and the GS4, or those who left the N4 in favor of the GS4. Was it a substantial upgrade?

Thanks
    05-29-2013 01:46 PM
    I've had both of them and I really loved the nexus. It will come down to preference really and how you want to use your device. For me it was quicker to get around on the nexus with my day to day but the gs4 battery just goes and some of the Samsung baked in air gestures are pretty legit. If you have an upgrade there's nothing wrong with giving the gs4 a spin and seeing how you like it. You don't lose the upgrade if you decide to go back to the old device.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk 4 Beta
    05-29-2013 05:30 PM
    I have the GSIII, the Nexus 4 and the GS4. I use the Nexus 4 when I want to have the basic Android experience and the GS4 for the Touchwiz experience. I really can't compare the two because Touchwiz has so many features, it makes them different animals.

The GS4 isn't dramatically different from the GSIII. You have all the tools that you need to make a decision as to whether or not it's worth using your upgrade for.
    05-29-2013 10:36 PM
    Thanks for the responses. I decided to take the plunge and got an even better deal than expected. ATT was offering 100 bucks off for trading in your old smartphone. I pulled my Moto Atrix out of the drawer and got 100 bucks off The GS4! So in the end I got the S4 for 100 bucks
    05-30-2013 07:19 PM
    Thanks for the responses. I decided to take the plunge and got an even better deal than expected. ATT was offering 100 bucks off for trading in your old smartphone. I pulled my Moto Atrix out of the drawer and got 100 bucks off The GS4! So in the end I got the S4 for 100 bucks
    Congrats! Sounds like you got the 16GB model. Although the Nexus 4 is 16GB there is about 12+GB left for apps, storage etc compared with 9.6 or so on the S4 due to the size of the OS and features. Just wanted to make you aware. I opted for the 32GB model.

Nexus 4 and S4 owner here too! I really like the S4! In fact, I have not touched my N4 in almost three weeks until tonight. I was testing my S4 against my Nexus 4, Note 2 and iPhone 5 on tasks like opening the camera, other apps, etc to confirm I am not seeing the lag. I know this is anecdotal data but the S4 was routinely faster or the same as the Nexus 4, certainly not slower and the N4 has stock android as we know. The S4 was as fast all all the phones in the things that I am reading on lag including the iphone 5. Almost like they have a different device than me.
    05-30-2013 08:35 PM
    Congrats! Sounds like you got the 16GB model. Although the Nexus 4 is 16GB there is about 12+GB left for apps, storage etc compared with 9.6 or so on the S4 due to the size of the OS and features. Just wanted to make you aware. I opted for the 32GB model.

Nexus 4 and S4 owner here too! I really like the S4! In fact, I have not touched my N4 in almost three weeks until tonight. I was testing my S4 against my Nexus 4, Note 2 and iPhone 5 on tasks like opening the camera, other apps, etc to confirm I am not seeing the lag. I know this is anecdotal data but the S4 was routinely faster or the same as the Nexus 4, certainly not slower and the N4 has stock android as we know. The S4 was as fast all all the phones in the things that I am reading on lag including the iphone 5. Almost like they have a different device than me.
    Yes I opted for the 16gb model. I don't play games other than candy crush or family feud type games and with the sd slot I generally save photos and my music collection on an sd card. I really like it so far and I've experienced no lag whatsoever. I actually had a Co worker offer to trade a note 2 for my Nexus 4 today so I took them up on it. So end the end I got a note 2 and a S4 in the same day I plan on selling the note 2 as it is just too big to me.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Android Central Forums
    05-30-2013 10:28 PM
    yeah I am thinking of selling my nexus 4 since the google editions of the S4 and HTC One are coming out and will give me faster updates. I would probably try out the HTC one since it will be 32GB and LTE unlike the current Nexus 4.
    06-02-2013 09:28 AM
    yeah I am thinking of selling my nexus 4 since the google editions of the S4 and HTC One are coming out and will give me faster updates. I would probably try out the HTC one since it will be 32GB and LTE unlike the current Nexus 4.
    So far I love my GS4 but in the back of my mind I keep thinking about that HTC ONE. The thing that stopped me from trying it was the location of the power button. There was no easy way(for me anyhow) to hit the power button while using the device one handed. Although the physical home button on the Galaxy series gets a lot of hate it's just so easy to tap that button to wake up the device.
    planoman likes this.
    06-02-2013 05:01 PM
    So far I love my GS4 but in the back of my mind I keep thinking about that HTC ONE. The thing that stopped me from trying it was the location of the power button. There was no easy way(for me anyhow) to hit the power button while using the device one handed. Although the physical home button on the Galaxy series gets a lot of hate it's just so easy to tap that button to wake up the device.
    Yeah I have the S4 and in my mind stripping the feature of touchhwiz would not make it an S4. Since I do not know anything about HTC or sense, I would not be missing anything with a HTC One Google edition. It would have better hardware than the Nexus 4 and pure google!
    benhmadison likes this.
    06-02-2013 05:14 PM