My samsung galaxy s4 keeps randomly deleting my text messages ..

amwalker0616

May 31, 2013
Visit site
My samsung galaxy s4 keeps randomly deleting my text messages . Just a chunk of them from my previous text messages i had. i cant go back and see them or anything... Im not sure why this does it or what my settings should be at or anything. Please help me the phone is only a week old..

hobbsave

Jun 29, 2012
Visit site
Up your text message limit as it appears you have reached it so each new message causes the oldest to be auto deleted. Also in messaging settings

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Android Central Forums

jhubensc

Aug 14, 2013
Visit site
Here's a technique for saving POP server emails: Open the email, click menu key (lower left corner), click "save email", confirm or rename title, click OK. Copy of email is saved to My Files> All Files> Device Storage> Saved Email. Emails can then be moved to SD card. Logic is unwanted emails disappear, you must save the others.

NoFeaR250

Mar 1, 2014
Visit site
Did this get solved?. I am having the same problem. I recently set it to 5000 texts and 5000 MMS but then I just unchecked the box but it still deletes old texts and MMS so now I have checked the box and left it at 5000. Will repost with results.

Lynelle Roberson

Jun 14, 2014
Visit site
Did this get solved?. I am having the same problem. I recently set it to 5000 texts and 5000 MMS but then I just unchecked the box but it still deletes old texts and MMS so now I have checked the box and left it at 5000. Will repost with results.

Mines just did this yesterday...I have messsges in a thread from March and April but all June deleted plus it deleted like 60 messages that were in the thread.

metle_geek

Jul 26, 2013
Visit site
It's programed to do that. Remember most of the gs4 is 16 gig so in order to save space after I want to say 10 days or a a few weeks it will auto delete as new text come in

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using AC Forums mobile app

metle_geek

Jul 26, 2013
Visit site
You can download sms backup and restore to save all of your text to your sd card !! Doesn't require root

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using AC Forums mobile app

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chelrie