video choppy in gallery

rydeordie2302

May 29, 2013
Visit site
Anyone experience this...
when viewing a video recorded with the cam have it constantly buffer\play choppy or just constantly lock up? I had to download MX video player to get the video's to play

anon(6058706)

Jun 3, 2013
Visit site
That is ridiculous, but I just found out that I have the same issue with the built-in video app but not with MX player as well.

I originally noticed this same sluggishness with YouTube. How do I get YouTube to use MX Player? :)

cmking6

Jun 4, 2013
Visit site
I had this same problem and went to ATT store and the crazy guy there told me it wasn't a phone issue so there was nothing he could do. I bought my phone at Walmart so I tried there to get help and the guy at Walmart solved the problem. It has to do with the setting that pauses video when you look away. Go to settings>my device>smart screen and uncheck the box that says smart pause. I just did that this afternoon and so far it has fixed my problem. Hopefully it will work for you.

skidaddytn

Feb 7, 2012
Visit site
This setting got enabled on my phone too somehow. I thought my memory card was dying on me. Thanks for posting this. The folks at samsung should rethink options like this, I bet they have caused more support calls than anything else. That eye-detection stuff is not reliable and should not be used to pause and un-pause video. what a pita!

arquilca

Dec 2, 2018
Visit site
Anyone experience this...
when viewing a video recorded with the cam have it constantly buffer\play choppy or just constantly lock up? I had to download MX video player to get the video's to play

In addition, I had to toggle HW+ Decoder on MX Video player:
1. Click to play video in MX Video Player.
2. Click HW in top-right corner while video is playing
3. Select HW+ Decoder.

This enables it to play smoother.