help! every SMS I receive also sends an email to me!

Allycatspike1

Jun 2, 2013
Visit site
Its clogging up my inbox and I've looked through setting both in general on the text message settings and on the email settings to no avail please help!

21stNow

Feb 15, 2013
Visit site
Assuming that you have the same email account synced to your phone, open your email on the S4, tap the menu key and select 'Settings', select your email account, scroll down until you get to 'Server settings' and uncheck 'Sync SMS'.

troshs

Trusted Member
Jul 6, 2013
Visit site
I just had this same problem. Thanks to this thread it was fixed!
Funky_broom, I know this thread is old, but if you haven't figured it out, its the touch menu button at the bottom of your phone. Go in there and click settings and from there use the instructions above.

theprodigyboy

Sep 4, 2013
Visit site
Hi guys, This seems to be the same problem I'm having but on the Galaxy S3, can anyone give me instructions for this phone please?

Thanks to anyone for their time in advance.

21stNow

Feb 15, 2013
Visit site
Hi guys, This seems to be the same problem I'm having but on the Galaxy S3, can anyone give me instructions for this phone please?

Thanks to anyone for their time in advance.

Did you try the steps that I gave in post #3 above? I tried those steps on the Note II and it worked; the Note II should have the same menus as the Galaxy S III. My S III is rooted and ROMed, so I can't verify this.

Remaxmatt

Mar 5, 2014
Visit site
Same problem here (reviving this thread)

However, when I go to those settings, the SMS Sync is already unchecked.

But I still get an email with every single text message sent to me. Not sure that it makes any difference, but I'm using a Galaxy Note Edge on 6.0.1 (marshmallow). And it is coming to my hotmail email.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maximusdebois