So far all of my apps work great on my S4 with the exception of YouTube.

No matter if I am on WiFi or 4G, the playback stutters and often stops entirely. I did not encounter this issue on my last 4G phone.

Is there something I need to disable/enable to get the expected performance? NetFlix seems to work okay.

Thanks,
    Summest
    06-03-2013 12:21 AM
    you are describing a network issue
    06-03-2013 12:23 AM
    I think I missed something. I tried Wifi and 4G. Move SIM to another phone it works fine on both.
    06-03-2013 12:38 AM
    Here is the answer I gave in another thread, I was having problems with all video: from gallery, youtube, and facebook. I knew it wasn't a buffering issue or network issue as it happened with wifi and on network. The guy at the ATT store tried to explain buffering to me like I was an *****.

"I had this same problem and went to ATT store and the crazy guy there told me it wasn't a phone issue so there was nothing he could do. I bought my phone at Walmart so I tried there to get help and the guy at Walmart solved the problem. It has to do with the setting that pauses video when you look away. Go to settings>my device>smart screen and uncheck the box that says smart pause. I just did that this afternoon and so far it has fixed my problem. Hopefully it will work for you."
    06-04-2013 03:15 PM
    The only thing I can add is that YouTube sucks for me using wifi. I turn off wifi, using AT&T LTE, and YouTube loads very fast. But wifi has to be OFF (for me).
    06-06-2013 01:04 PM
    Youtube is always sluggish! it always buffers.
    06-07-2013 02:59 PM
    I was about to say thank you so much it has worked but then after another minute it buffers, not as much, granted but its still doing it, any other suggestions?
    07-17-2013 09:28 AM
    The smart pause does affect video playback noticeably.

However, several of the other options -like the one for keeping the screen on while you're watching, and the sensor that matches /aligns the screen angle to your face are also options that will create lag or stutter.

Basically, any of those neat options that make the phone very responsive to your face can create lag -at least until you figure out how to use the phone to optimize their effectiveness.

I have played with all of them and for the moment, I have turned all off. I kind of like video pause, but I've discovered it does not allow me to "multi-task" (only half pay attention to the video) so for the most part, I don't use it.

But the pauses created by these functions are different from video buffering pauses -those are connectivity issues and usually are network related. . .

Good Luck!
    07-20-2013 04:50 AM