Problem with Sandisk Micro SD

LordAndroid

Sep 15, 2010
Visit site
I'm currently using a class 10 Ultra 32Gig sdhc card with my S4. Its the very same card I had in my S3. So once I upgraded to the S4 I just inserted it in to the slot and for a while it was working fine up until 3 weeks ago. My S4 started saying I had no SD mounted. After removing the SD card a few times and restarting the device the S4 wouldn't recognize it or it would mount it. So what I did at that point I factory restored my device. For 3 weeks no problems with it. Now tonight after taking a few pics which I have my camera photos set to save to the SD card the S4 didn't recognize the SD card and as a result unmounted it but its still in the slot unrecognized. I have music and pictures saved on card so I'm not sure at this point if its an issue with the card itself or perhaps the device. I really don't want to factory restore the device again I hate having to do it again a second time for the same issue. Any help is most appreciated.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk HD

LordAndroid

Sep 15, 2010
Visit site
Heres a picture of what keeps happening mind you the SD card is in the slot.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk 2

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1371179948399.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1371179948399.jpg
    43.8 KB · Views: 56

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
I'm currently using a class 10 Ultra 32Gig sdhc card with my S4. Its the very same card I had in my S3. So once I upgraded to the S4 I just inserted it in to the slot and for a while it was working fine up until 3 weeks ago. My S4 started saying I had no SD mounted. After removing the SD card a few times and restarting the device the S4 wouldn't recognize it or it would mount it. So what I did at that point I factory restored my device. For 3 weeks no problems with it. Now tonight after taking a few pics which I have my camera photos set to save to the SD card the S4 didn't recognize the SD card and as a result unmounted it but its still in the slot unrecognized. I have music and pictures saved on card so I'm not sure at this point if its an issue with the card itself or perhaps the device. I really don't want to factory restore the device again I hate having to do it again a second time for the same issue. Any help is most appreciated.

Try loading it into your PC. If there is a problem with it, the PC may see it and ask if you want to fix it.

mwallace000

Sep 6, 2012
Visit site

Are you unmounting the card each time you take it out of the phone or computer? I experienced the same thing with my card a few months back. I was hoping my 30$ card wasn't dead but it was. I tried a different card and everything worked. If you haven't tried loading the card on your computer try that and see if it reads because I doubt its your phone.

Golfdriver97

Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
Won't the PC automatically ask if I want to format it?

Probably not. I had an error on a PNY micro and I remember throwing it into my PC to copy the files over and reformat it. When it loaded my PC said something like do you want me to fix the errors in the sd card? and I clicked ok. Formatting never came up, I thought the same may happen for you. It is worth a shot.

LordAndroid

Sep 15, 2010
Visit site
Probably not. I had an error on a PNY micro and I remember throwing it into my PC to copy the files over and reformat it. When it loaded my PC said something like do you want me to fix the errors in the sd card? and I clicked ok. Formatting never came up, I thought the same may happen for you. It is worth a shot.

I will try it out

LordAndroid

Sep 15, 2010
Visit site
Ok. right click on the SD card, and click properties. You will get a pop up window with tabs at the top. Click Tools, then error checking.

It scanned successfully and it found no errors. Not sure what to do now? I found an old Sandisk 16gig micro sdhc i pulled my pics from the SD ultra 32gig card and placed them on the 16gig. The phone recognized it and it seems to be mounted and fine. Im testing it out. But not happy that its not my 32gig card.

Golfdriver97

Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
It scanned successfully and it found no errors. Not sure what to do now? I found an old Sandisk 16gig micro sdhc i pulled my pics from the SD ultra 32gig card and placed them on the 16gig. The phone recognized it and it seems to be mounted and fine. Im testing it out. But not happy that its not my 32gig card.

Out of ideas myself...sorry.

Sent from my GT-P3113 using AC Forums mobile app

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
trudycharles