Problem with Sandisk Micro SD

GS4Bob

Mar 18, 2013
Visit site
If that's the case then there really isnt a fix sounds like it doesnt matter what Sdhc card is in it

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk 2

This post indicates that using the ExFat format worked! Also in the Samsung Galaxy S3 forum here: I have not tried that yet...but
http://forums.androidcentral.com/sa...3-samsungs-insane-response-8.html#post2853906

Will ExFat work on the GS4.....
http://forums.androidcentral.com/sa...galaxy-s4-have-exfat-support.html#post2837481

LordAndroid

Sep 15, 2010
Visit site

DeepSeaGoddess

May 15, 2013
Visit site
I recently had a problem with a Sandisk 32gb card in my S4 where it started unmounting and remounting itself at random. Posted a thread here and someone said it is a known issue with the card itself. So, I ended up buying a different 32gb card, a Samsung 32gb, and it works just fine with no issues. I don't know if this is related to your issue or not.

LordAndroid

Sep 15, 2010
Visit site
I recently had a problem with a Sandisk 32gb card in my S4 where it started unmounting and remounting itself at random. Posted a thread here and someone said it is a known issue with the card itself. So, I ended up buying a different 32gb card, a Samsung 32gb, and it works just fine with no issues. I don't know if this is related to your issue or not.

I just purchased a Samsung UHS-I 32g class 10 today so im awaiting its arrival. I will post and update as soon as i receive it.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk 2

GS4Bob

Mar 18, 2013
Visit site
Good luck with the Samsung.
My Kingston worked well for three straight days....then I changed some files on the card and boom next boot..."damaged sdcard".

LordAndroid

Sep 15, 2010
Visit site
uny5adet.jpg
came in todays mail

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

LordAndroid

Sep 15, 2010
Visit site
I will be firmating switching out all my media on to this card today update to follow

LordAndroid

Sep 15, 2010
Visit site
Ok so i formatted the ext SD card via the phone and it mounted fine transferred all my media over to it no issues yet hopefully it stays that way.

GS4Bob

Mar 18, 2013
Visit site
The latest very large "update" via ATT has fixed this issue. No more "damaged sdcard" causing unmounted cards!
My 64gb Kingston is working without any issues now.

and101an

Sep 29, 2013
Visit site
According to Sandisk support when I talked to them around June, 2013, and all over the Amazon reviews for months, is a known incompatibility between the Sandisk Ultra Micro SD cards (possibly others), and the Galaxy phones (possibly others). The card can "fail" any time from days to many months down the road. Sandisk says that Samsung won't admit it, and so Sandisk created a ROM patch that is applied only during manufacturing, to circumvent the problem.

Contact Sandisk for free replacement. I was told that the new card batch started after March, 2013, but the only way to tell, is based on a small serial number on the card, that requires a magnifying glass, if you can even then read it.

I do not know if other cards from other mfgs are involved, but Sandisk says they have stepped in and solved it on theirs. Good luck!

Last edited:

thewamp

Nov 3, 2013
Visit site
According to Sandisk support when I talked to them around June, 2013, and all over the Amazon reviews for months, is a known incompatibility between the Sandisk Ultra Micro SD cards (possibly others), and the Galaxy phones (possibly others). The card can "fail" any time from days to many months down the road. Sandisk says that Samsung won't admit it, and so Sandisk created a ROM patch that is applied only during manufacturing, to circumvent the problem.

Contact Sandisk for free replacement. I was told that the new card batch started after March, 2013, but the only way to tell, is based on a small serial number on the card, that requires a magnifying glass, if you can even then read it.

I do not know if other cards from other mfgs are involved, but Sandisk says they have stepped in and solved it on theirs. Good luck!

I found, on the Sandisk web site, that they have "Android" and "non Android" microsd cards. The following is shown for 32G cards:
Memory Card with Adapter - Android
Europe/Asia-Pacific/Latin America/Middle East & Africa
SDSDQUA-032G-U46A - 32GB

Memory Card with Adapter - non Android
Europe/Asia-Pacific/Latin America/Middle East & Africa
SDSDQU-032G-U46A - 32GB

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pierre5463