Samsung desperately seeking ways to make more money

urbrainwashd

Jun 12, 2011
Visit site
So the galaxy s4 comes out, we all rush out to pay the 200 dollars. Then the Google s4 comes out, same price. Then the Active s4 comes out same price. Now the s4 with 4G lte advanced is coming out. So... Why can't all these come out at the same time. I would of held out for the advanced as it'll be faster or even for the active as its waterproof. Samsung really screwed us out here. They should make some kind of agreement, that if the same phone with updates comes out not even a month after, you would be able to update ur phone. Cuz this phone has been out maybe 2 months and is already outdated. Not by another competitor by the same company with the same s4 name.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

Paul627g

AC Moderator All-Star
Nov 25, 2010
Visit site
Welcome to marketing strategies.

Happens in all forms of marketing, not just smartphones.. Cars, electronics of all kinds, clothes, etc..

Its kinda funny actually because I'm sure when they setup for a global release date like say for the S4, before they even meet that date they already have their design teams and such hard at work and probably more than 50% complete on their next project.

Paul627g

AC Moderator All-Star
Nov 25, 2010
Visit site
Thats the way it goes.. HTC did something similar with the original One X. There was other variants and not long after the One X + that showed up on the market.

Paul627g

AC Moderator All-Star
Nov 25, 2010
Visit site
I sure there will be. Samsung like most of the OEMs today have begun to act on the years of complaining over lack of updates and being forced into buying a new phone just to get some new gimmick that is many times " software related ".

I can honestly say looking back at the Galaxy S line family going all the way back to the beginning days of the Galaxy S which started on Eclair (Android 2.1) eventually finished up its run in the smartphone world officially updated to Gingerbread ( Android v2.3). Then the SII officially was updated to Android 4.1 ( JellyBean). Given both phones are already worlds behind in technology and time they aren't necessarily that far forgotten in updates especially speaking of the SII.

Samsung did say at the S4 release that they planned on providing updates for the foreseeable future to the S3/S4 on any software related goodies. So lets hope Samsung makes good on that promise.

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
While the LTE is suppose to be faster... With most phones today people get 30Mbit down on LTE.. That should be good enough for most tasks unless you tether and download large files all day.

Sent from my Sprint S3 using AC forums.

JHBThree

Feb 15, 2012
Visit site
Samsung seems to have not learned a thing from the downfall of HTC and Motorola. Wonder how long it will be before the Galaxy S brand is tarnished from all the crap devices they're putting out. (The minis and zooms of this world do not deserve the S branding)

paul-c

Oct 19, 2011
Visit site
Samsung seems to have not learned a thing from the downfall of HTC and Motorola. Wonder how long it will be before the Galaxy S brand is tarnished from all the crap devices they're putting out. (The minis and zooms of this world do not deserve the S branding)

It's going to take a while for Samsung to fall off, unfortunately. They're sitting prettier than any Android OEM ever has.

Sent from my Sony Xperia ZL

SirGeorgeKillian

Feb 11, 2011
Visit site
Happened to folks with the Bionic, Razr, Razr Maxx. All within 2 months.

While it does suck, and we would love to choose, it is life. Ether don't preorder / purchase right at release, or buy an Apple. We know when those will be out.

Sent from my Samsung S4.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
be1digital