I just discovered that my brand new phone won't work with my car stereo in the way I want. Prior to getting a Galaxy S4 I had an iPhone 4 and I am accustomed to plugging it into my car USB to charge and play music. How is it that this is not possible with a much newer phone?

I understand I could get low quality and annoying to control audio by plugging it in to the 3.5mm jack, but that is such a cruddy option (and one I am stuck with on my other car). Being able to scroll through playlists using the stereo controls, skipping back and forth through songs, and not having to use the phones volume controls are all great features which I am used to.

Is there a solution to this? An elegant solution which is better than slapping some mp3 files onto a cheap memory stick? Bluetooth is not an option either. It has to be through the USB cable.

Am I really going to have keep my old iPhone just as a music player, that's so depressing.
    06-18-2013 03:24 PM
    I just discovered that my brand new phone won't work with my car stereo in the way I want. Prior to getting a Galaxy S4 I had an iPhone 4 and I am accustomed to plugging it into my car USB to charge and play music. How is it that this is not possible with a much newer phone?

I understand I could get low quality and annoying to control audio by plugging it in to the 3.5mm jack, but that is such a cruddy option (and one I am stuck with on my other car). Being able to scroll through playlists using the stereo controls, skipping back and forth through songs, and not having to use the phones volume controls are all great features which I am used to.

Is there a solution to this? An elegant solution which is better than slapping some mp3 files onto a cheap memory stick? Bluetooth is not an option either. It has to be through the USB cable.

Am I really going to have keep my old iPhone just as a music player, that's so depressing.
    It might be that your car stereo is not compatible with Android. You need to look up your car radio manual and find out. I know that the usb port on my car works for both my iPhone and Samsung.
    06-21-2013 10:01 AM
    I don't notice a difference between plugging it in the jack and into the usb.

Sent from my Sprint Galaxy Victory LTE using Tapatalk 2
    06-21-2013 10:03 AM