Just got my S4 from AT&T and have been playing around with it. So far, I have a few books I downloaded in the past and tried reading on my old iPhone 4S. but I'm not sure how to read them on my S4. Is there a way to import them? Couldn't find a file in the phone to store books and downloaded Kobo, but not sure how to use that. Waiting for my SD card to come in the mail if that is what is needed...

Also, with music, whats the best way to get the songs off my iTunes and onto my android? like I mentioned, I'm still waiting for my larger SD card, so I plan on putting all my music onto that.
    06-19-2013 05:18 PM
    Apple uses ibook (.iba) format. I'm assuming that you would need to convert it to something less proprietary like epub to be able to read it on your S4.
    06-19-2013 05:40 PM
    i downloaded them not off iTunes, so they are all epubs and PDFs. think i figured out where to put them though.. trying it out now
    06-19-2013 05:43 PM
    I put all my epubs in a directory on my storage card and my book-reader found them right away. I'm using Aldiko.

Hopefully you dont have long to wait for that SD card.

For my music, I literally took my iTunes music directory and copied it over to my storage card. Come to think of it i haven't tried to play any of the .m4a files yet, but I dont think that'll be a problem.
    06-19-2013 06:01 PM
    Also, with music, whats the best way to get the songs off my iTunes and onto my android? like I mentioned, I'm still waiting for my larger SD card, so I plan on putting all my music onto that.
    It depends on how much you want to continue using iTunes. If you really like using it, then there's a paid app called iSyncr that seems to work really well. If you don't want to do that, many people have had good luck with DoubleTwist. Just copying the songs to your card works well but it's a bit more laborious than the other two options.

Keep in mind you'll have to rip the DRM from any iTunes purchaes you made before April of 2009 no matter what the method.
    06-20-2013 12:20 PM
    bringing this back to ask another question. Is it safe to charge the S4 overnight? heard about the indicator keep going on all the time and making it stay sort of awake all the time plus some heating up. But someone who I know that has an S4 said that charging it overnight makes the battery go worse. I know the iPhone and most other smartphones have the smart charge thing where it stop charging while its still connected to save energy and keep the battery charge cycles from being used up. The S4 does have the smart charge thing, right?
    06-21-2013 02:08 AM
    bringing this back to ask another question. Is it safe to charge the S4 overnight? heard about the indicator keep going on all the time and making it stay sort of awake all the time plus some heating up. But someone who I know that has an S4 said that charging it overnight makes the battery go worse. I know the iPhone and most other smartphones have the smart charge thing where it stop charging while its still connected to save energy and keep the battery charge cycles from being used up. The S4 does have the smart charge thing, right?
    Charging overnight is just fine. The voltage at 100% charge is within what's accepted as safe limits and there's circuitry in the battery to prevent it from going much higher if something were to go wrong. Once the battery gets to 100% (~4.2V) it just stops accepting charge and the phone runs off the charger.
    06-21-2013 09:14 AM
    You can download your epub and pdf files to Google Drive app then use the Play Books (Google) app and upload the the books from Drive. All your books will be in the cloud with Play Books and you can sync with any device moving forward without worrying about moving data.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk 2
    OldDude1 likes this.
    07-02-2013 05:19 PM
    In reading about the phone it says specifically to not charge overnight if you have the lithium ion battery. I downloaded the free app Du Battery Saver. It will tell you how to save your battery and when to charge it. You turn it on and plug in your charge and the app. charges the battery safely promoting longer batter life. If your phone is new you are supposed to wait until it is at 20% or less before recharging. Also if you buy an extra charger make sure you get exactly the same voltage as the one that came with your phone or it will fry it. If you sign up with Samsung, they will send you a coupon for 50% of an accessory you can get one there. I turn off the Du Battery Saver when I am done optimizing my phone and charging and only have it running when I need it. So far since using the app I now get 3 days on one charge.
    07-03-2013 10:21 AM
    In reading about the phone it says specifically to not charge overnight if you have the lithium ion battery. I downloaded the free app Du Battery Saver. It will tell you how to save your battery and when to charge it. You turn it on and plug in your charge and the app. charges the battery safely promoting longer batter life. If your phone is new you are supposed to wait until it is at 20% or less before recharging.
    I don't believe any of that. Can you cite a source?

What wears on Li-Ion batteries is charging them and heat. So the more you use the phone, the more you'll have to charge it and the more wear you'll see. If you plug it in and leave it plugged in you'll get wear while it's charging and then no wear once it's charged. That's better than taking it off the charger once it's charged because at that point you're using it, which will require it to charge more. Here's a thread where that is addressed more in depth:

http://forums.androidcentral.com/sam...e-battery.html

tl:dr: there's no reason not to charge a Li-Ion battery. There are reasons to avoid charging them. My personal take is that if you have a removable battery and aren't afraid to replace the battery once or twice (I've only ever had to replace one battery out of 6 phones over the last 5 years) then just do whatever is most convenient. That will often mean plugging it in to charge while you sleep, which happens to be the best way to do it.

Also if you buy an extra charger make sure you get exactly the same voltage as the one that came with your phone or it will fry it.
    You'd have to go out of your way to find a charger that has a Micro-USB connector on it that doesn't put out 5V. Any charger that has the USB symbol on it has to adhere to the voltage requirements of the phone (USB is a standard) or the manufacturer of the charger would be subject to litigation (they'd be sued) becasue it's illegal to use the USB symbol unless it's been approved and/or adheres to the USB standards.
    07-03-2013 01:14 PM