I love my s4 hasn't done me wrong yet but I noticed while I was updating some apps in the play store that my phone began to have some pretty good lag once I started playing granny smith.. Is that normal for this phone to lag when updating apps and playing a game? Doesn't it supposedly have one of the best processors and hardware out right now or is that even to much for this phone to handle?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using AC Forums mobile app
    06-26-2013 11:34 PM
    I love my s4 hasn't done me wrong yet but I noticed while I was updating some apps in the play store that my phone began to have some pretty good lag once I started playing granny smith.. Is that normal for this phone to lag when updating apps and playing a game? Doesn't it supposedly have one of the best processors and hardware out right now or is that even to much for this phone to handle?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using AC Forums mobile app
    If the game is internet dependent, it may be more of a data speed than processor capability.
    06-26-2013 11:39 PM
    I love my S4, too, but it does have some major issues with multitasking and just lag in general, severe lag in some cases. Receiving a txt message while gaming will stutter and freeze any game momentarily. The messaging app is notoriously slow, sometimes taking 3 to 5 seconds to come up when reading texts. Tapping to reply to a txt will lag so badly at times that I wind up hitting misc keys because it can't keep up with me. For example, click a txt message to open, the txt thread window opens after 1 to 2 seconds, then 2 or 3 seconds later, after you have already clicked the field to reply, the reply field comes up while you're clicking causing you to hit a random key and then have to delete that character. Unfortunate to be sure. Hopefully AT&T/Samsung release a patch for all the issues.
    07-02-2013 08:49 AM
    Yeah I had the same problem when I was on the stock ROM. It has nothing to do with the phones processor and speed it is bad touch wiz code that should be fixed in the update. If your not madly in love with touch wiz and its sick features like I'm not you can switch to an asop ROM such as cyanogen mod or even the Google edition ROM. Both of which I actually prefer. But if you want to keep touch wiz then your only solution is to get rid of the bloat on it(yes its really bad bloat!!) There is things you can flash to do it for your or you can simply get a root uninstaller from the play store and It will make it run like it should. However: using an asop ROM will just simply make that thing run like black magic.

Sent from my SGH-I337 using AC Forums mobile app
    07-05-2013 01:00 AM
    Yeah I had the same problem when I was on the stock ROM. It has nothing to do with the phones processor and speed it is bad touch wiz code that should be fixed in the update. If your not madly in love with touch wiz and its sick features like I'm not you can switch to an asop ROM such as cyanogen mod or even the Google edition ROM. Both of which I actually prefer. But if you want to keep touch wiz then your only solution is to get rid of the bloat on it(yes its really bad bloat!!) There is things you can flash to do it for your or you can simply get a root uninstaller from the play store and It will make it run like it should. However: using an asop ROM will just simply make that thing run like black magic.

Sent from my SGH-I337 using AC Forums mobile app
    Can you elaborate on getting rid of the bloatware. I was running nova yesterday perfectly and it was just incredibly laggy today so i swapped back to touchwiz for the time being.

Android noob
    07-11-2013 11:51 AM