New update now downloading 7/9/13 11:00 AM ET

jaltman

Jun 26, 2012
Visit site
My S4 is downloading an update. 357.38 MB. Not sure what it is, but I was up to date before this moment, so this is something new. More news once its installed.

Edit:

Same update sprint is getting, I see transparent Notification area and apps move to SD card.

Last edited:

sharpehenry

Mar 16, 2012
Visit site
I tried and it was downloading and got canceled. Now I have to wait 24 hours :( Kies says I have newest firmware UCUAMDL. That isn't it is it?

Posted via Android Central App

jaltman

Jun 26, 2012
Visit site
All I have noticed is the transparent notification bar and app to sd card. But, I am at work and cant really play. It downloads via wifi only.

htcrazy

Apr 21, 2013
Visit site
To those whose download got cancelled, did you try to download via Kies or OTA updates using the Software Update on the phone?

I'm not sure what happened to me. Mine said download was interrupted and to try again later, but then phone rebooted and said it was installing the update. It completed and says software is up to date when I check. Can anyone confirm what the new build should be as mine still says 4.2.2.
Baseband is 1337UCUAMF3. Kernel is 3.4.0.-812098 and build# is JDQ39.1337UCUAMF3. I didn't check prior to the update so I don't know if this is old or new data. Also, if it said my download was interrupted, how could it reboot and say it is installing the new update? Confused...

sqa4life

Aug 24, 2011
Visit site
I'm not sure what happened to me. Mine said download was interrupted and to try again later, but then phone rebooted and said it was installing the update. It completed and says software is up to date when I check. Can anyone confirm what the new build should be as mine still says 4.2.2.
Baseband is 1337UCUAMF3. Kernel is 3.4.0.-812098 and build# is JDQ39.1337UCUAMF3. I didn't check prior to the update so I don't know if this is old or new data. Also, if it said my download was interrupted, how could it reboot and say it is installing the new update? Confused...

I am updated successfully. I do have the same build #, Kernel, baseband as you listed.

Wollombi

May 29, 2012
Visit site
It patches and breaks root. Don't know about the rest of you, but I switched to Android to get away from this Apple-esque, Gestapo crap.

sharpehenry

Mar 16, 2012
Visit site
Mine got cancelled too. Waiting for 24 hours. Sooooo much different than the land I came from. What's with the 24 hour hold? Lame.

If you manually switch time to one day forward, you can bypass the 24 hour check. Thats how I did it.

For rooting and custom ROM issue, I could care less since I decided not to do anything with this phone. I'm just happy with the phone as is.

First thing I noticed about this patch is the keypad vibration. Space bar and enter key vibrate more intense then letters.

Freed RAM space is larger from around 1.1gb usage to only 800+mb usage.

Seems to run more snappier but thats probably due to reboot to clear our RAM and cache and such. But overall I am happy with the updates.

I was told to hold off on this update if you ate into rooting and running on custom ROM.

inthegalaxy

Sep 12, 2012
Visit site
Mine installed and stayed on the AT&T boot until I pulled the battery. The software was on the phone but the download manager made me download and reinstall. It never canceled on me. Did this happen to anyone else?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using AC Forums mobile app

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jm_rookie2