New update now downloading 7/9/13 11:00 AM ET

sharpehenry

Mar 16, 2012
Visit site
I tried to move the time/date forward and the updated says it was interrupted and to try again in 24 hrs.

I had to try 3,4 times (so 4 days more forward) but I found out my work wifi had security tighly so outbound was limited. I hopped to the guest wifi where outbound is more free then successfully updated without any choke.

inthegalaxy

Sep 12, 2012
Visit site
@madlaw1071 App2sd,adds smart pause to pull down settings,Samsung Knox and not sure but some camera features also.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using AC Forums mobile app

goelz83

May 3, 2011
Visit site
Can anyone confirm that this update includes Samsung Knox? I updated my GS4 on AT&T and I can't find any traces of Knox.

planoman

Aug 12, 2010
Visit site
It added the app to SD which when in Apps manager allows you to select which apps you move to SD card. Also when I opened the camera, it took several seconds to update so go ahead and do it once you update instead of waiting for the one in a million photo because your camera firmware will have to update. Also added a smart pause toggle in the pull down menus.

Also added data manager app & battery manager app.

Also I heard that if you want Knox you can update it through Kies and not OTA but I have not confirmed that since that is not of interest to me.

Last edited:

sharpehenry

Mar 16, 2012
Visit site
Can anyone confirm that this update includes Samsung Knox? I updated my GS4 on AT&T and I can't find any traces of Knox.

I looked at my apps and knox notification manager and knox store was preinstalled on my 1337 s4.

Anyways, music player has improved alot. No distortion sound on bass anymore.

Posted via Android Central App

goelz83

May 3, 2011
Visit site
It added the app to SD which when in Apps manager allows you to select which apps you move to SD card. Also when I opened the camera, it took several seconds to update so go ahead and do it once you update instead of waiting for the one in a million photo because your camera firmware will have to update. Also added a smart pause toggle in the pull down menus.

Also added data manager app & battery manager app.

Also I heard that if you want Knox you can update it through Kies and not OTA but I have not confirmed that since that is not of interest to me.

The "Data Manager" and "Battery Manager" apps are the same thing that were in the settings under "Data Usage" and "Battery" previously. These are simply shortcuts to those settings options.

I did the OTA update first and I've subsequently hooked my phone into Kies and I get a message that says "Your device's current firmware version is not supported to update firmware via Kies."

sqa4life

Aug 24, 2011
Visit site
All I have noticed is the transparent notification bar and app to sd card. But, I am at work and cant really play. It downloads via wifi only.

Posted via Android Central App
Were you able to move app to SD card?

I've tried, but keep getting this error message: "Unable to move app. Not enough storage space". I have over 50GB of freed space on my SD card.

leodagamer

Jul 10, 2013
Visit site
Hi i been checking the whole day and i haven't receive the update yet mine is the ATT Samsung galaxy S4 i keep checking every hour but nothing also Kies keeps saying i have the latest software

Robnfl

Jun 14, 2013
Visit site
Updated mine with no problems OTR. I'm now able to move apps to SD. My wife's GS4 was unable to update, has to wait 24 hours to try again.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using AC Forums mobile app

ITS ME DAVID

Nov 27, 2011
Visit site
I installed it biu don't see no transparent notification bar or even new camera stuff besides when I select mode there is a box on the top left that when chosen let's u see all the camera modes I don't see a hdr video mode just The normal HDR mode that when chosen then I record video does nothing but record just like before the update.

roninksb

May 10, 2012
Visit site
can anyone tell me if the update fixes the Accessibility/talkback bug? For example, when accessibility is turn for any app the device talks when you use the browser. It happens with lightflow, the Pebble Smartwatch and anything else that uses accessibility.

ateganda29

May 3, 2011
Visit site
Finally was able to finish updating. I was able to download the software update OTA this morning but my battery charge was too low to install so was told I needed to charge my phone before installing the updates. So finally plugged my phone when I got home, went through the process and successfully installed the update with no issue.

I just got my GS4 a few days ago and haven't had the chance to really play around with it to know what the update really comes with, other than the much talked about app2sd feature. I see that this update indeed has that. Besides that, what other features/improvements does this update bring? Someone said transparent notification bar though I don't see/have that. What about Samsung Knox, what is it? Inputs is greatly appreciated.

ITS ME DAVID

Nov 27, 2011
Visit site
can anyone tell me if the update fixes the Accessibility/talkback bug? For example, when accessibility is turn for any app the device talks when you use the browser. It happens with lightflow, the Pebble Smartwatch and anything else that uses accessibility.

U can fox that buy installing the Google classic text to speech that will fix your problem

- - - Updated - - -

U can fox that buy installing the Google classic text to speech that will fix your problem

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akbarramadhani12