MMS is killing me

Axis32

Jun 16, 2013
Visit site
I come from using the iphone for the last 500 years, and decided to switch from my iphone 5 to the S4 for a fresh change of OS. The ONLY and I mean the ONLY thing that I'm having a hard time getting used to is MMS and how it reduces the resolution to something that looks like it belongs on an Atari. I've tried both Handcent and GoSmsPro where you can raise the the MMS send limit, but if you set it to anything over the default, the message never actually sends, it just hangs there until you delete it.

I find it really hard to believe in this day and age where everything is LTE and it literally takes seconds to send a 3mb picture that this limit of like 100k is really needed. Can somebody help me out here and let me know if there is a way to where I can say take a pic of somebody, send it to somebody else and it not come out looking like a Picasso reject lol. The iPhone had no issues sending full res pictures so I'm sure the S4 is completely capable of doing so as well.

EvilMonkey

Jun 4, 2010
Visit site
If you use GoSMSPro, go to Menu->Settings->MMS Settings and there's an option to set the maximum size for MMS (up to 2 or 5MB if you're on 4g). I don't know if there's a way to set it in the stock app, since I have an S3 (probably the same app), but I'm rooted/flashed and haven't used that in ages.

I'm no expert, but I think this could also be limited by your network (different carriers allow different sizes) and I'm not sure, but the receiver's settings might also affect it? I don't really know.

Axis32

Jun 16, 2013
Visit site
If you use GoSMSPro, go to Menu->Settings->MMS Settings and there's an option to set the maximum size for MMS (up to 2 or 5MB if you're on 4g). I don't know if there's a way to set it in the stock app, since I have an S3 (probably the same app), but I'm rooted/flashed and haven't used that in ages.

I'm no expert, but I think this could also be limited by your network (different carriers allow different sizes) and I'm not sure, but the receiver's settings might also affect it? I don't really know.

Ya, unfortunately if I try to increase the MMS send size, the message will just hang. I'm on AT&T, and like I said coming from using an iPhone3g/3gs/4/4s/5 I've never had an issue sending full size pictures. I guess I'll just have to deal with it. However I don't see myself sticking with Android if I can't find a work around unfortunately :/

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fancyfranci