System software not authorized by at&t galaxy s4

joe.kent

Aug 8, 2012
Visit site
Just download Odin and the factory firmware, follow the steps and in about 20 minutes you'll be back up and running.

Cesar Castillo

Jul 19, 2013
Visit site
not work bro i try da before i get a message saying fail
photo.jpg

knighthawk321

Jun 21, 2011
Visit site
The AT&T S4 has a locked bootloader. If you took the latest OTA, the current root methods got closed off. No Odin, no Loki. If you're in that boat, you're stuck with stock ROM until a new crack is discovered. The way to tell is to look at your baseband version. If the last three characters are MF3, you're locked up for now. If you have MDL or previous, you can achieve root. I'm rooted, and working with my Developer friend to break this puppy wide open. Right now I'm in modified rooted stock.

markbc

Jul 20, 2011
Visit site
- Right, I am sorry to read that it happened -and I am sure it is very frustrating in any case. :-(

- That is a weird and unfriendly Samsung message! Scanning the XDA threads it seems that in many cases this message occurs when the wrong kernel is applied.

- Regardless on how you got here, I think your best bet is to try and follow the instructions or guidance that you find on XDA for threads by others who have experienced the same problem. (You also could google "software not authorized by AT&T," but most of the hits will lead you back to XDA answers and their efforts to root and restore the phone.
(This phone actually roots easily -as long as you are not updated to UCUAMF3. So if you have not been updated you have a chance of fixing this yourself!

- If you can't fix it yourself, you may have to go back to the dealership and see how it works out ;-((
(that is really a last resort that I would seek to avoid, btw)

Sorry I can't be more helpful, but I do wish you good luck!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nanran21