I've been told that I can program a show to record on tv from my S4. Is this true? Do I need a degree from MIT to learn how to do it?! I have ATT Uverse as my cable carrier.
    07-20-2013 05:27 AM
    Step 1 sit in front of your TV

Step 2 take up your phone and start the "Watch on" App

Step 3 prepare to be amazed. . .

It is so easy a Neanderthal can do it (no no ...that's insurance ;-)
    . . . I have AT&T Uverse as well and it took me about 10 minutes to get it going and 2 hours to stop playing with it.

Warning: The app stays "on" in your notification tray; and while you can kill it via memory management, it does not want to turn off. . . These days I minimize its size in the notification window and just leave it there. .

Try it. . .you'll like it!

:-)

Good Luck!
    07-20-2013 05:33 AM

. . . I have AT&T Uverse as well and it took me about 10 minutes to get it going and 2 hours to stop playing with it.

Warning: The app stays "on" in your notification tray; and while you can kill it via memory management, it does not want to turn off. . . These days I minimize its size in the notification window and just leave it there. .

I probably didn't explain myself clearly. Heres the scenario.....I am at my office, no one is home, I use my phone, from my office, and program my box to tape a show I forgot to program.
    Is that possible?

Good Luck!
    07-20-2013 08:32 AM
    I probably didn't explain myself clearly. Heres the scenario.....I am at my office, no one is home, I use my phone, from my office, and program my box to tape a show I forgot to program.
    Is that possible?
    07-20-2013 08:33 AM

Good Luck!
    No, your notifications should not stay on forever, there is an option in your Watch on Settings that trigger this, just turn it off.
    markbc likes this.
    07-20-2013 11:40 AM
    Is that possible?
    Once you set your Watch on it will do that, ONLY when you are in front of TV. it will use the IR blaster to just send the signal.

What you need is some kind of Tivo-like service, and as of now, Watch On doesn't have that.
    markbc likes this.
    07-20-2013 11:42 AM
    Right, you do have to be in front of the TV to use it! But you can record and pre-program shows to watch (& to record?) so it is not so bad!

I agree that this is much less than a Tivo, but if you are sitting on the couch and your better half won't give up the remote, you can "gain a vote" with this -or go to the other room (if you have multiple room service) and the phone will work for that as well. :-)

It also does have a option of searching for, listing and recording/remembering YOUR OWN PREFERRED SHOWS.
    So you can search on the phone remote for shows based on criteria you provide (so you choose "like Sci-Fi" and it will provide choices that match that or multiple criteria).

It is essentially a "smart remote" where you can find and load your favorites from looking or recommendations, and then always get to them quickly. . .

Really not bad for a phone!
    07-20-2013 11:56 AM
    It will depend on what service you are using to record shows. You'll have to install an app to do it if your service offers one. I know DirecTV has an app and it's pretty easy to use.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using AC Forums mobile app
    07-20-2013 08:17 PM