Getting the ATT Galaxy S4 unlocked?

CehowardNote7

Apr 27, 2013
Visit site
I did a search, couldn't find the answer. In addition, I might have asked the question before, but I am 73 and I am on the beginning stages of senility, so I am allowed to blunder!! ;)

If one purchased the ATT Galaxy S4 32gb OUTRIGHT from ATT, what is the procedure to get ATT to unlock the phone, so I can be free to go to any carrier I want??

Thanks in advance...

TropicalSammich

Jan 20, 2012
Visit site
After your purchase, you simply ask them for the unlock code. Any device purchased a no contract pricing, they are allowed to give out the unlock code for.

Also, placing your search from Google.Com will yield you other results showing how easy it is to unlock, even a device under contract ;) But as far as answering your request, that is the legitimate process by simply asking for it after purchase.

CehowardNote7

Apr 27, 2013
Visit site
After your purchase, you simply ask them for the unlock code. Any device purchased a no contract pricing, they are allowed to give out the unlock code for.

Also, placing your search from Google.Com will yield you other results showing how easy it is to unlock, even a device under contract ;) But as far as answering your request, that is the legitimate process by simply asking for it after purchase.

Thanks much for the reply. Right now, I am getting frustrated with my carrier (Tmobile)because they do not have the 32gb model. I am simply going to buy the 32gb from ATT outright, get it unlocked, then proceed to take it to Tmobile and get their plan. ATT, IMO, charges too much for their plans..

Thanks again...

adam1314#IM

May 7, 2013
Visit site
Hello, I bought the S4 from AT&T on contract and they still unlocked it for me. I just called at&t customer service and said I was traveling internationally and needed it unlocked. They gave me the subsidy code no problem. Then I went to a T-Mobile store to confirm and it worked.

I would think they would provide the unlock code if you are not on contract. AT&T is a lot more lenient with unlocking.
Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk 2

thomasv23

Jul 1, 2013
Visit site
So I could sell my phone unlocked for like 500 bucks?

Sent from my AT&T Samsung Galaxy S3 using the Android Central Forums app

epicness4G

Mar 21, 2012
Visit site
At&t is lenient on unlocking as long as it is not an Iphone Lol. Anyways I've always unlocked my att phones at the international customer care chat. I'm using the i337 on T-Mobile.

lasooner

Feb 19, 2011
Visit site
I'm curious. Is an unlock code generated for each phone or is there one unlock code that works on every i337? I'm thinking of having it done in Asia. I'm guessing they know how to do it over there.

YourMobileGuru

Formerly VZWRocks
Feb 25, 2010
Visit site
I'm curious. Is an unlock code generated for each phone or is there one unlock code that works on every i337? I'm thinking of having it done in Asia. I'm guessing they know how to do it over there.

Each phone has a unique unlock code. They input the IMEI into a database and it spits out the code.

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using AC Forums mobile app

Farish

Apr 29, 2013
Visit site
At&t is lenient on unlocking as long as it is not an Iphone Lol. Anyways I've always unlocked my att phones at the international customer care chat. I'm using the i337 on T-Mobile.

They never gave me any hassle unlocking an iPhone.

milicigoran

Oct 21, 2012
Visit site
I unlocked mine using a guide on xda. It works perfect. I used my att phone for a month last summer while in Europe on Vodafone.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
asha_kanta_sharma