Can I switch/select cell bands (LTE/3G/Etc) on the S4 /ATT/i337?

markbc

Jul 20, 2011
Visit site
1. I have an i337 rooted and rom'd ( Shostock2.1) & was looking for the option to control bands (LTE-4G/3G / 3G Only/ etc.)

2. It appears that (at least) the S4 international version has a "network selection mode" option in
. . . . settings / connections / more networks / Network Mode <== this menu option is in international version but not i337!

3. My i377 does not seem to have that option in settings, or any other likely location. So, I am wondering if it has been removed by AT&T (likely), or did I miss something?

4. If the AT&T i337 does not have network mode menu, does that mean there is no direct user control over band selection?

Thank you in advance ! :)

Sweet Pikake

Jun 6, 2011
Visit site
on your dial pad
*#*#4636#*#*
Device information
scroll down to: Set preferred network type
LTE/GSM auto (PRL) this is where you set your option

markbc

Jul 20, 2011
Visit site
on your dial pad
*#*#4636#*#*
Device information

Thank you so much --this is a very helpful reply!
I like the menu -- it delivers many functions -including selecting cell bands.
The "Network Selection Mode" option that I was looking for seems to appear only on the International version --and it's less full featured than the keypad menu access.
Thank you again for the phone code!
:) :)

usguyver

Jul 7, 2010
Visit site
1. I have an i337 rooted and rom'd ( Shostock2.1) & was looking for the option to control bands (LTE-4G/3G / 3G Only/ etc.)

2. It appears that (at least) the S4 international version has a "network selection mode" option in
. . . . settings / connections / more networks / Network Mode <== this menu option is in international version but not i337!

3. My i377 does not seem to have that option in settings, or any other likely location. So, I am wondering if it has been removed by AT&T (likely), or did I miss something?

4. If the AT&T i337 does not have network mode menu, does that mean there is no direct user control over band selection?

why would you want to change the band.

Posted via Android Central App

Sweet Pikake

Jun 6, 2011
Visit site
why would you want to change the band.

Posted via Android Central App

There are many locations that AT&T has not implemented LTE so receptions in those areas are weak. By changing the bands, OP would be able to access HSPA and a much better reception.

Sent from my GT-N5100 using AC Forums mobile app

myIphone4s

Jan 16, 2013
Visit site
would this work on a stock phone, i am not sure on rooting yet i had it on my gs3 and loved it but i went back to stock rom with (some options) so i might keep the gs4 the same just stock until i get bored again

back when my gs3 was rooted i had 3g+ instead of 4g here in town and sadly enough 3g+ was faster

myIphone4s

Jan 16, 2013
Visit site
Its only for Galaxy S4's not intended for any other models.
i used that number that was posted, it didnt work for me, so i guess i will try it with the gs4 when i get it. if i can get 3g+ it would be great, since i jump between E and 4g when i was on a custom rom i got 3g+ where i lived and didnt have to worry about data speed

so what is the name for 3g+ and can i get it on a stock phone no root as i dont plan on that yet

jeffreii

CrackBerry Convert
Apr 20, 2012
Visit site

jeffreii

CrackBerry Convert
Apr 20, 2012
Visit site

ROMs based on international firmware do have a working network selection mode menu. I'm on Goldeneye 4.0 and use that from time to time.

Sweet Pikake

Jun 6, 2011
Visit site
i used that number that was posted, it didnt work for me, so i guess i will try it with the gs4 when i get it. if i can get 3g+ it would be great, since i jump between E and 4g when i was on a custom rom i got 3g+ where i lived and didnt have to worry about data speed

so what is the name for 3g+ and can i get it on a stock phone no root as i dont plan on that yet

When I had the SGH-I717, I was able to toggle and force it to stay on HSPA only. This was the app that I was using, I have not chk if it still works since I no longer have that phone in my possession.
https://forums.androidcentral.com/e...s?id=myc.phone.PhoneInfo&hl=en&token=SIQsZlQg

kcv

Nov 7, 2013
Visit site
Thank you so much --this is a very helpful reply!
I like the menu -- it delivers many functions -including selecting cell bands.
The "Network Selection Mode" option that I was looking for seems to appear only on the International version --and it's less full featured than the keypad menu access.
Thank you again for the phone code!
:) :)

I was able to change between technologies. How you selecting cell bands? I would like to force the phone lock into a specific band/frequency.
Thanks
KCV

Lis Baltodano

May 2, 2014
Visit site
Thanks a lot. I had the same issue :) my cell phone were in "E" and my cell service company requested change my current configuration and select the option " WCDMA only" in the menu, but in this model, the network mode did not exist.
Thanks a lot for the code. :)

Ed87_LA

Oct 3, 2014
Visit site
on your dial pad
*#*#4636#*#*
Device information

I wanna know how to save the changes I made cuz everytime I get on the menu again it is back on LTE/GSM Auto (PRL) and another question what does prl mean I'm from El Salvador please help

Ibidapo Ilawole

Dec 8, 2014
Visit site
AT&T SAMSUNG Galaxy note 2

Type the code below from the screen and this takes you into the Full service MENU

*#197328640#

1 Main menu

2 UMTS

3 UMTS MAIN MENU

4 DEBUG SCREEN

5 PHONE CONTROL

6 NETWORK CONTROL

7 BAND SELECTION ( There are 4 options; 1 Automatic; 2 WCDMA; 3 GSM; 4 LTE )

Choose which ever band you wish to set your phone to )

Save

You should be in business

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
trudycharles