Hi,
    I purchased a GS4 and i'm super happy but i'm currently having a problem with downloading images.
    Whenever i download a picture it doesn't show in my 'download' folder in the gallery, although i have a notification that the download has been successfully downloaded...
    After a while or when i restart the device the images which i have downloaded show :S

How can i fix this please, it's pretty irritating
    08-05-2013 11:54 AM
    Hi,
    I purchased a GS4 and i'm super happy but i'm currently having a problem with downloading images.
    Whenever i download a picture it doesn't show in my 'download' folder in the gallery, although i have a notification that the download has been successfully downloaded...
    After a while or when i restart the device the images which i have downloaded show :S

How can i fix this please, it's pretty irritating
    Are you using the internet browser to download files from the internet? Make sure you are checking in the right download location, internal or external sd card. Images could also be saved in another folder if you are using an app to download the files - for example, I often use Tapatalk to view the forums from my phone and files I download using this app are not saved in the download folder.
    08-05-2013 12:29 PM
    Hi
    i use google chrome as a search engine, there is no image folder In the gallery that has been made for chrome like what'sApp or something...i'm still checking for other places, but pictures after approx.15 minutes or a reboot do show in the download file

Edit: i have tried the internet app and the download was completely fine, looks like the problem was with chrome... thank you for your help and patients
    08-05-2013 02:25 PM
    Hi
    i use google chrome as a search engine, there is no image folder In the gallery that has been made for chrome like what'sApp or something...i'm still checking for other places, but pictures after approx.15 minutes or a reboot do show in the download file

Edit: i have tried the internet app and the download was completely fine, looks like the problem was with chrome... thank you for your help and patients
    I have the same problem... but instead of switching to the regular internet browser I'd like to figure this out and continue using the chrome browser.

Anybody have any ideas why this happens?

~Maria
    08-06-2013 02:25 AM
    I'm having the same problem as well. I downloaded these 2 pictures from websites I go on Chrome and luckily these 2 pictures show up on the "Download" images folder in my Gallery. However, for some reason when I try saving/downloading other images, these images don't direct to the "Download" images folder anymore it's so frustrating. I can only find the recent image I saved/downloaded when I go to the "Downloads" app.......but I want the image I recently saved/downloaded to go into the "Download" images folder in my Gallery.

Can someone please help? It's much appreciated!
    08-15-2013 12:00 AM
    This do seems to be a problem to many people.

I'm having the same issue, it seems to be that the gallery is not able to "refresh" and immediately read the images downloaded by Chrome.
    If you give it a while or change from wi-fi to 3G/4G (and vice-versa) it seems to trigger some sort of refresh mechanism and the downloaded pictures shows.

Man, this is bothering me so much! I also wanna stay on Chrome (since the majority of other web browsers does not appear to have this problem), but this is so annoying!

If it may interest anyone, I found some sort of temporary "solution": i installed the Quickpic app and set it as the default option for clicking on the "Download complete" notification (this is useful because quickpic gallery allows you to share the picture).
    unmistakable likes this.
    08-17-2013 05:49 PM
    i'm also having this same issue and it's becoming really frustrating to keep switching back and forth from chrome to the internet app!
    09-11-2013 03:33 PM
    Download AndroZip, under "Storage/Emulated/0/Download" is where all those files and pictures get saved to in my phone.
    10-23-2013 04:40 PM