Hi

I have an app called DIRECTV GenieGO which lets me download my DIRECTV DVR recordings onto my Samsung Galaxy S4. The built-in "Move to SD Card" function on the S4 is not supported. As most people know, the Galaxy S4 didn't come with a lot of storage which means I can only download so many episodes without my device becoming laggy. I have tried rooting my phone and using DirectoryBind but it apparently doesn't work on the S4 and I have to use Voodoo OTA RootKeeper to temp. un-root so the app will work (It doesn't support root) Anyone have any solutions? Thanks
    08-05-2013 03:43 PM
    Hi

I have an app called DIRECTV GenieGO which lets me download my DIRECTV DVR recordings onto my Samsung Galaxy S4. The built-in "Move to SD Card" function on the S4 is not supported. As most people know, the Galaxy S4 didn't come with a lot of storage which means I can only download so many episodes without my device becoming laggy. I have tried rooting my phone and using DirectoryBind but it apparently doesn't work on the S4 and I have to use Voodoo OTA RootKeeper to temp. un-root so the app will work (It doesn't support root) Anyone have any solutions? Thanks
    Can you download and then move the file the SD card?

Posted via Android Central App
    08-05-2013 10:03 PM
    Already tried that. It ended up just deleting all of the app data and for me having to download all of the episodes again.
    08-09-2013 08:08 PM
    The reason why it won't let you move it to the SD card is because of the DRM involved in the Genie Go. They are blocking it out intentionally.
    08-10-2013 10:21 AM
    09-21-2013 03:42 PM
    The reason why it won't let you move it to the SD card is because of the DRM involved in the Genie Go. They are blocking it out intentionally.
    Darn it... I was wondering why for a long time I couldn't do it. Lol

Sent from where the wild things are.
    09-23-2013 07:34 PM
    Darn it... I was wondering why for a long time I couldn't do it. Lol

Sent from where the wild things are.
    GenieGO now lets you with the latest update.
    03-24-2014 05:02 PM