I just upgraded to the S4 today from the S3, and I wanted to mitigate the duplicate contacts in my phone (from Facebook, Gmail, previous, etc). For some reason I am not able to link my Facebook contacts with my Gmail contacts. I never had this issue previously. Whenever I do the basic method and select link contact and then select the desired link, it just says, "Contacts were linked." But they actually weren't. I tried to be clever and edited my Gmail contact's name, then re-entered it so the Facebook contact option would pop up, and I would click that. But then it just said unable to link contacts...

I was wondering if anyone else had this issue or has at least heard of it.

Thanks!

Mark
    08-05-2013 10:28 PM
    Help to sync facebook contacts with Gmail - Web Browsing/Email and Other Internet Applications

Sync facebook contact to Gmail - xda-developers

I just upgraded to the S4 today from the S3, and I wanted to mitigate the duplicate contacts in my phone (from Facebook, Gmail, previous, etc). For some reason I am not able to link my Facebook contacts with my Gmail contacts. I never had this issue previously. Whenever I do the basic method and select link contact and then select the desired link, it just says, "Contacts were linked." But they actually weren't. I tried to be clever and edited my Gmail contact's name, then re-entered it so the Facebook contact option would pop up, and I would click that. But then it just said unable to link contacts...

I was wondering if anyone else had this issue or has at least heard of it.

Thanks!

Mark
    08-06-2013 12:00 AM