chat heads broken after update?

thunda1010

Jun 4, 2013
Visit site
I updated my phone to the clear bat and apps-to-sd update, but now my Facebook Messenger chat heads are broken, but only when I am on the home screen. They work just fine when I am in any app, but they refuse to show up on my home screen. My girlfriend has an S4 from Verizon with the same update and her chat heads work fine, yet mine from at&t does not...
Anyone have any way to fix this? I tried reinstalling Facebook Messenger and rebooting my phone, but neither worked...

MUGZ85

Aug 16, 2013
Visit site
I have the exact same problem. They worked perfectly before and now they only appear when another app or menu is open. I've tried everything, including resetting the device, but the problem repeated itself. I loved the messenger chat heads when they were working properly, but now they're virtually useless. Any info on this matter would be greatly appreciated.

MUGZ85

Aug 16, 2013
Visit site
Hey guys,

I found a work around that you may be interested in. I installed the app "Everything Home (Beta) and set it as my default desktop. In my opinion, the app is awesome in and of itself, It allows you to have "Smart Folders" which not only have all the apps you installed in any given category, but a tonne of other relevant ones that you can use without installing. There's also a "What's on Your Mind?" thing at the top, which you can press the microphone, say virtually anything you can think of (movies, people, objects.. etc) and it will automatically temporarily change your wallpaper to whatever you entered, and lists a bunch of apps/pages in relation to it. Further, and most importantly, when you enable it as your desktop, the Facebook Chat Heads work properly.

Depending on whether or not you want to change your desktop, this may or may not be a viable solution for you, but It also looks a lot better than the TouchWiz Home in my opinion, and I intended to keep it before I realized that it resolved the Chat Heads problem.

Anyway, I posted a video below of the app if you wan
t to check it out. Hope this helps!

Cheers,
Mugz

Everything.me Home - The Dynamic Phone Launcher - YouTube