Text vibration notification only in silent mode??

tholder85

May 10, 2013
Visit site
Ok, have googled and called AT&T but no solution. I want my phone to vibrate when I receive a text only when I am in silent mode. The only setting I have come up with sets it to vibrate anytime I receive a text, regardless of what mode it is in. I don't need it to vibrate when in regular mode because I have the sound notification. Is there any way to do this on the s4? When the phone is in silent mode it vibrates when I receive a call but does nothing when I receive a text. You would think putting the phone in silent mode would automatically cause it to vibrate when a text is received. Guess I am just used to the iphone automatically doing this. TIA!

jeffreii

CrackBerry Convert
Apr 20, 2012
Visit site
Ok, have googled and called AT&T but no solution. I want my phone to vibrate when I receive a text only when I am in silent mode. The only setting I have come up with sets it to vibrate anytime I receive a text, regardless of what mode it is in. I don't need it to vibrate when in regular mode because I have the sound notification. Is there any way to do this on the s4? When the phone is in silent mode it vibrates when I receive a call but does nothing when I receive a text. You would think putting the phone in silent mode would automatically cause it to vibrate when a text is received. Guess I am just used to the iphone automatically doing this. TIA!

First of all, make sure you are clear on the two different silent settings. You have silent and vibrate. Both are silent, really, but one is silent + vibrate while the former is silent, no vibrate.

You are right that there isn't a stock setting to change the behavior. It either vibrates when you receive a notification or not. You can't tell it to only vibrate when it's in vibrate mode.

Luckily, Android is really open for app developers to customize things beyond the stock settings. One incredibly popular app is "Light Flow". It allows you to totally customize your notifications: Sound, LED, Vibrate, Repeating Sound, Repeating Vibrate for any event.

See the attached screenshot for a quick glimpse.

Attachments

• 2013-08-09 14.18.16.jpg
    2013-08-09 14.18.16.jpg
    149.7 KB · Views: 5