S4 Periodically Wont Wake Up

msglsom

Oct 10, 2010
Visit site
Hi All,

Has anyone seen an issue with their AT&T S4 not "walking up"?

I've encountered a few instances where pushing the home button or power button will not wake the screen up and allow me to unlock it. The LED is still blinking, indicating that I have some sort of message, so I know the phone is powered on.

If I hold the power button down for 10 seconds or pull the battery, the phone will boot back up and return to normal until the next time.

Any thoughts or experiences?

Mike

Scott Kenyon

Apr 2, 2011
Visit site
Something may have buggered up a file. Try a hard reset and let me know if you still have a problem.

Sent from my HTC One using Mobile Nations mobile app

Scott Kenyon

Apr 2, 2011
Visit site
How long have you had the device? If it's within a return window I'd go in and demand a new one. If not, I'd restart in safe mode. If you don't encounter the issue in safe mode, start removing apps one by one and see which one is causing the conflict.

May 10, 2013
Visit site
You can also try clearing cache in recovery. That might help with possible data conflicts.

From a SlimROM S3

Thanks for the tips, everyone. The odd thing is that the issue happens very infrequent. For example, it has happened twice this week, but not at all since the factory refresh on the 15th.

One interesting note. When the screen doesn't power back on, the LED light is solid blue. I tried calling my phone, but it went straight to voicemail, so the phone is basically stuck. Holding the power button down for about 10 seconds causes the phone to reboot/boot.

John King14

Apr 22, 2015
Visit site
It's not just you, and not just AT&T... I've been having periodically since finally upgrading to a Verizon smartphone last summer. In my case, it usually will not respond to anything short of removing the battery for 30 secs or so and then powering on. I also get the flashing blue light. Today, when it happened, I noticed that I got a short vibration when I initially tried to wake it and then it was totally non-responsive. This IS A BUG Samsung, and it needs to be fixed. Like many people, I typically use my cell as an alarm clock as well, and having this issue makes this dangerous. I've also read on other forums that Samsung techs, as well as Verizon techs, profess no knowledge of the problem, but that is clearly BS. Samsung, FIX THE FRICKIN' ISSUE!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nanran21