Every time I open contacts I keep getting this (screenshot attached), which I have to explicitly cancel in order to access my contacts. Its very annoying and time consuming. Any ideas on how to disable this?

08-20-2013 03:40 PM
    Every time I open contacts I keep getting this (screenshot attached), which I have to explicitly cancel in order to access my contacts. Its very annoying and time consuming. Any ideas on how to disable this?

http://i.imgur.com/Xz6YNoy.png
    I've never seen that before. Have you tried letting it sit until it's done doing whatever it's doing? Seems to me you're using the AT&T apps which I do not use. I use the dialer app and Sense contacts app, rather than the AT&T stuff.
    I do realize you're using a Samsung device, and I'll recommend you not use the AT&T stuff and use TouchWiz apps with Google sync instead. It's pretty painless and you don't deal with things like this.
    08-20-2013 04:47 PM
    I've never seen that before. Have you tried letting it sit until it's done doing whatever it's doing? Seems to me you're using the AT&T apps which I do not use. I use the dialer app and Sense contacts app, rather than the AT&T stuff.
    I do realize you're using a Samsung device, and I'll recommend you not use the AT&T stuff and use TouchWiz apps with Google sync instead. It's pretty painless and you don't deal with things like this.
    I'm just using the normal Contacts app. In fact, I've all/most of the AT&T apps.
    08-20-2013 04:54 PM
    That app is clearly the AT&T contacts app. It's titled as such at the top. Try the one integrated into the dialer.

Sent from my HTC One using Mobile Nations mobile app
    08-20-2013 07:56 PM

http://i.imgur.com/Xz6YNoy.png
    I've noticed this every time I switch Android phones. Usually if you just let it go thru the motions a few times, it will stop on its own.
    08-21-2013 05:34 PM
    Bossfan is right. I've heard of problems with AT&T address book, just hit "Cancel" whenever it tries to start, it'll stop trying to open after a few times.
    08-21-2013 07:05 PM
    I've noticed this every time I switch Android phones. Usually if you just let it go thru the motions a few times, it will stop on its own.
    I had the same experience when my S4 was new. The issue seemed to go away after a few times and has never resurfaced.
    08-21-2013 07:21 PM
    That app is clearly the AT&T contacts app. It's titled as such at the top. Try the one integrated into the dialer.

Sent from my HTC One using Mobile Nations mobile app
    Yes, it's titled at&t Contacts app but this screen opens automatically when opening the stock dialer and then hitting contacts. I've had this problem and it seems to go away after a few times. No clue how to stop it

Posted via Android Central App
    08-22-2013 01:21 AM
    Yes, it's titled at&t Contacts app but this screen opens automatically when opening the stock dialer and then hitting contacts. I've had this problem and it seems to go away after a few times. No clue how to stop it

Go to settings more. Application settings. Press the left bottom button select reset when you hit the stock dialer do not choose the at&t app then hit always
    08-23-2013 02:11 AM
    Disable the ATT Contact app. In fact, it is good to disable anything with ATT in front of it (unless you really want to use them). Disable is found in the Application Settings.
    08-23-2013 10:41 AM
    Disable the ATT Contact app. In fact, it is good to disable anything with ATT in front of it (unless you really want to use them). Disable is found in the Application Settings.
    There is no att contacts app in applications, settings or titanium backup. It seems to be embedded into the actual dialer. There is a setting in the dialer with an option to sync att contacts(which I selected 'no') but like I said earlier, stock out of the box, opening the dialer>contacts or just opening contacts prompts the att contacts popup.

08-23-2013 10:05 PM