Well I am sure I know what is going to happen and what the answer is.

Here is what I am going in for
    1. Is the crap apps. Att drive mode, data and batt manager (settings does just as good) att smart wifi, family map and countless others. I never use them and it takes up space I have an sd card for songs and pics
    2. Is isis wallet it sucks and never worked on my gs3 and I can use Google wallet had it on my rooted gs3 I cant even get isis to work on att so I called them and they told me to call isis and isis told me to call your service provider both phones...

Here is what they are goin to say we cant help you. Never know until you ask or try.

My gs3 stock had more available ram then this thing if I remember correctly right now with the apps I am using now I got the ram up to 1.12 gb last I checked. And have 2 active apps. When I did a batt pull I had 942mb used up.

On top of that this phone will lag bad at times made a call ended it, I had my home screen and the green status bar.

Sad thing is I cant root and flash since my phone is an early august model with mf3 software
    08-22-2013 01:10 PM
    Well att person didnt know what she was doing looks like I will wait for custom software
    I told her I wanted the software removed she said you drag and its removed, really now never heard that. I told her I wanted it gone for good so she un-instilled updates so thays how you get rid of unused apps

then I asked about google wallet she said there is no way to instilled and isis is getting re done I should have kept my gs3 at least I could have coustom roms with no crap apps
    08-22-2013 03:48 PM
    Even if you deleted the AT&T 'crap" apps, it wouldn't save you space, since those are installed on a ROM partition, nor would installing a custom ROM (it doesn't mess with the partition size). Just disable them and move on, they don't use much space (maybe 50MB total).
    markbc likes this.
    08-23-2013 10:44 AM
    I thought getting rid of those will give me more ram? I liked my gs3 it was fast even in stock but my gs4 is better in every category. So I guess I was mislead when flashing roms, they say debloated, deoxed etc.... so I figured it was faster I know the kernel can be modified.

What does disabling do. I understand disabling but not with the phone
    08-23-2013 12:19 PM
    if you disable them they wont use ram.. and ive never had the s4 lag, just because its using ram doesnt mean its going to be slow.. do you understand how the android OS works? its manages the memory and will close things as it see's fit to keep things running smoothly..
    08-25-2013 07:12 PM
    This is Android, not Windows. RAM is not managed the same.
    08-25-2013 08:24 PM
    This is Android, not Windows. RAM is not managed the same.
    ?
    08-26-2013 01:32 AM
    This is what you are looking for right here :

https://play.google.com/store/device...sung_galaxy_s4

markbc likes this.
    08-26-2013 09:28 PM
    ?
    "Free RAM is wasted RAM" on Android.
    Dramer77 likes this.
    08-26-2013 11:21 PM
    "Free RAM is wasted RAM" on Android.
    yea people need to get it out of their heads that your phone is going to lag cause its actually using its ram
    08-27-2013 09:10 AM
    Ya but for some reason my gs3 just seemed faster when it was stock in every condition then my gs4.
    I got everything turned off thats not needed then turn them on when I want to show off the phone

Over all it doesnt lag unless the bat temp hits 100-104* I cant recall if the gs3 did the same?

Also its best to keep the apps open instead of ending the app? Based on what yall are saying?

I would love to have the google play edition but I dont have the coin, that is the one with the octa core right?
    08-27-2013 08:42 PM
    I ran many apps at the same time and the phone still smooth, no lag, even though it utilized over 1.5M of RAM.

Does your S4 lagging?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk 2
    09-01-2013 12:03 PM
    It hasnt lagged in awhile even when streaming music web browsing, or gaming USING IT ALL AT ONCE. I had battery widget reborn read 105* on the temp expect when I lock the phone then have to unlock it which its expected.

I did a battery pull that seemed to help some. I haven't messed with settings in the dev option. But I wonder how did removing the battery have an affect.

Normally when I try to end a call it lags doesnt seem to do that
    09-01-2013 09:09 PM