Motherboard Swap

Don Kleppinger

Feb 26, 2015
Visit site
I had a galaxy s2 that had a bad system board. My wife had a s2 that she cracked the screen on. So I took the mother board out of the phone with the broken screen and put it in the phone with a good screen. It booted right up and I was able to make a call and it seemed like everything works. If I display system info it shows the correct ESN number for my wife's phone that is still printed on the back of the old cracked screen. I'll have to try and get the label off because the label now has the wrong ESN

Sodiya Samsamey

Mar 12, 2015
Visit site
Oh god, finally, I took a Dremel to mine aswell and it closes fine but ......... My s4 doesn't read sim card it has a circle with a line threw it. By the way I had a broken screen on a T-Mobile and a bad esn on a sprint. I don't know which antenna I'm supposed to use after putting back together. Aside from the dremeling what else must be done to get service on my soon to be t-mobile s4?

I have a broken screen at&t s3 i747 and will like to place the mother board in either sprint or verizon.Please,will it work?

Tiffany Woods

Mar 17, 2015
Visit site
I dropped my S5 on the floor and now it won't power up. I have a S4 that has a shattered screen, yet it powers up. Can I use the motherboard from the S4 in my S5 so I can power up my phone and retrieve my pictures? Is this even possible?

Thanks.

Jordan Bouyea

Jun 17, 2015
Visit site
so i have two samsung galaxy s4 they are both at&t the lcd screen is broken on the one i use is it possible to switch over the mother board and use the unbroken lcd phone? Will this cause any issues with the phone?

Thanks Jordan

Alonso916

Oct 9, 2015
Visit site
I have a ATT s4 with the screen completed cracked? My friend has a s4 sprint that he is selling. My question is if i buy the s4 sprint version and swap my att motherboard to the sprint will it work?

Posted via Android Central App

Yes, I know it is verry late but yes I changed a sprint note 2 mother bored to a t-mobile note 2 phone and it worked fine there were no problems and it got connected and used, In till I dropped it in water haha I can post pics of both phones if you want (old phone tuned into my sons play toy) and as a plus all the stuff and settings will change over to your other phones like songs, pic's, backgrounds, you will not loose anything :D

scorpion3124

Oct 16, 2015
Visit site
I just changed out a Verizon s4 with a bad lcd and glass and swapped the motherboard to a sprint phone..wasn't hard just a few screws and unclipping of parts.Wanted to post this so people know you can swap these two and everything works.

Timmy Johnson

Apr 10, 2013
Visit site
It can be done I just did it on a note 3 there was some fitment issues but with 100% completion, sprint note 3 took all the components from a ( broke digitizer at&t note 3 ) and put em in the sprint note 3, mind you got to look at every piece and examine it carefully you will have to use the back cover that matches the MB because of the terminal placement and contacts, only reason I bothered I got the sprint note 3 for 100$ brand new in the box never used so its prestine. There is no hard coding in the screen its all on the MB so the screen does what its told to do. I found it was fairly easy but you need to pay attn. take your time honestly I wouldn't suggest it to someone who isn't patient and good with fragile stuff like this. but and question feel free to ask, good luck.

marno94

Apr 28, 2016
Visit site
so you can swap mother boards between phones and no data will be lost? i might need to replace mine since nothing else has resolved my issue.
i have a verizon S4 i545 and it got wet. i replaced the battery, took it apart and let it dry. cleaned all connections with 91% iso alch, and the phone turns on. everything is just as it was including the webpage i was on. the problem is it wont charge with wall charger or usb to PC, will not recognize the phone. i replaced the USB port charging port flex cable and still will not charge or recognize. SW issue?

i can buy an external charger to charge the battery, but thats not my main issue. this is a work phone and there is a lot of info,files,emails,notes, etc i do not want to lose. what else is there to replace? just the motherboard?

i have an S5 that i need to repair the screen but its basically brand new. worst case i figured i can charge the battery of the S4 and S-beam the files to the new S5? TIA :confused:

Help You

May 17, 2016
Visit site
Rich

Do you know how to get pics saved to a Samsung S4 device (not on card) off the device with a pswd if the LCD is bad and can't key in the pswd. I tried to use Kies but you have to key pswd only on the device (not in Kies software) and cant on ph due to bad LCD.

Any ideas how I can get my pics

Thanks

Dave

Maybe you figured this one out but if not or for anyone that believes it's impossible. . Get an OTG CABLE.. on the go. Best Buy Walmart sell them 20 bucks or order Amazon 3 bucks. It saved my life! If your tech minded there are YouTube videos that shows you how to make it! Save your data with OTG)

Last edited by a moderator:

maxmaxieos

Dec 6, 2013
Visit site
I know for a FACT that U can swap motherboards on the s4 AT&T/T-MOBILE
because I have done it before with NO problems. So DON'T let any-1 say that U can't do this im only saying this about the S4 AT&T/T-MOBILE versions

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Very-Annoyed