My ranting - From iPhone 5 to S4 AT&T

Jeff Hall3

Aug 16, 2013
Visit site
I know this is random but this is my rant and if anyone can help, I would appreciate it. Thank you in advance!

- I truly want an SMS program that will pop up on my lockscreen EVEN if I have a password so that I can reply right there. (Currently using GO SMS Pro)
- I use SwiftKey and so far I really like it but the typing for me is hard, I could type faster on my iPhone. Not giving up at all, I am sure it will get easier
- My phone is rooted and I use programs to clean it up but when I open programs, there is a delay on opening (sluggish)
- Its a good thing but there are SO many settings that it can be overwhelming, even for a techie like me
- This is BIG for me! Notifications, I DO NOT get badges on my apps. Sometimes it is totally random but almost all the time, there are none. When I open the app, I see I have alerts and it bugs me that i had no idea.

Jeff

iFrosty

Jun 1, 2011
Visit site
I know this is random but this is my rant and if anyone can help, I would appreciate it. Thank you in advance!

- I truly want an SMS program that will pop up on my lockscreen EVEN if I have a password so that I can reply right there. (Currently using GO SMS Pro)
- I use SwiftKey and so far I really like it but the typing for me is hard, I could type faster on my iPhone. Not giving up at all, I am sure it will get easier
- My phone is rooted and I use programs to clean it up but when I open programs, there is a delay on opening (sluggish)
- Its a good thing but there are SO many settings that it can be overwhelming, even for a techie like me
- This is BIG for me! Notifications, I DO NOT get badges on my apps. Sometimes it is totally random but almost all the time, there are none. When I open the app, I see I have alerts and it bugs me that i had no idea.

Jeff

Go SMS may be your only option for the first part

Typing will take some time getting used to. You type faster on an iPhone (like I did) because the size has always been consistent. Give that time and SwiftKey is the best so good choice.

At least your phone is rooted. I wasn't a lucky one to get the phone pre update. What you should do is look into changing transition speed when opening apps. If I recall it's In the developer options.

Some apps may not support badges. However some do and just don't like to show you (in my case Facebook refuses: I bought an app to do that for me for Facebook; SLKNotifications )

For me transferring from an iPhone was awesome and exciting. There will be some issues but usually there is a work around.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk 4

redrover69

Aug 27, 2013
Visit site
Is there anyway to get the notification bar bigger?

When I receive a text from gosms and other programs...

the notification is soooo small on the top and it scrolls so you can barely read it then it vanishes. With the iphone it will stay there.

Thanks

Dramer77

Jul 24, 2010
Visit site
download the google keyboard , its the closest to the iphone.. good word prediction /autocorrect etc... only thing i do with it is turn off vibrate on keypress and turn on sound

redrover69

Aug 27, 2013
Visit site
The google keyboard is awesome!! I think it trumps even the apple keyboard!!!!

Anything else you can suggest?????

The dialer page kinda sucks...and is there a way to move the apps folder on the home screen???

jeffreii

CrackBerry Convert
Apr 20, 2012
Visit site
The google keyboard is awesome!! I think it trumps even the apple keyboard!!!!

Anything else you can suggest?????

The dialer page kinda sucks...and is there a way to move the apps folder on the home screen???

Nova Launcher is the best app I have on my phone. It will make everything 100x more customizable.

App folder on home screen? I prefer the Nova feature that lets me just swipe up from any home screen to pull up my app drawer. No icon needed.