New S4 Charging Time

stealth2920

Apr 28, 2013
Visit site
I just bought an S4 and when the battery was down to 10% I plugged in the charger. A couple hours later it was on 36%. I turned the phone off and left it on the charger. It has been another 3hrs and it is now at 87%. Should it take this long to charge? My S3 would charge in a couple of hours. Thanks

tippmann15

Aug 11, 2013
Visit site
I'd give it a few more charges and see, are you using the charger that came with it?

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2

wtom

Sep 1, 2013
Visit site
My very first charge (from about 30% to 100%) took just under 2 hours. That's using the stock charger and usb cable of course.

Sent from my SGH-I337M using Tapatalk 4

wtom

Sep 1, 2013
Visit site
Do you have GPS and location services on? Screen staying on while charging?
Altho stuff like this would cause charging to take a bit longer than 2.5 hrs, definitely should not be 6+ hrs. Charger maybe defunct? Download and run Galaxy Charging Current app from play store and let us know what amperage reading it shows while charging. Should be pulling 1900 amps with stock charger and cable.

Sent from my SGH-I337M using Tapatalk 4

stealth2920

Apr 28, 2013
Visit site
Borrowed my wifes S4 charger and it charged up quickly. Obviously received a bad charger or cable. Will get another tomorrow. Thanks for the assistance. I thought it was taking too long.

STARGATE

Ambassador
Oct 8, 2012
Visit site
Definitely bad charger, or phone. I've seen this with my nephew's HTC One; first time it took him 13.5 hours to charge. Next day, it took 16 hours to fully charge!

He went back to the store and they tried other HTC One chargers and it would charge at the same rate as the original one.

They determined it was his phone that had something wrong and replaced it right away.

Sent From a Galaxy S4 Away!

Sundeep Singh Bath

Dec 7, 2013
Visit site
I have Samsung S4 almost 5 months old, It takes around 4-5 hours to complete charge the battery. Couple of months back it took about 10 hours to charge and cannot even connect to PC, All other devices are working fine on my PC, it is just the S4 keeps disconnecting automatically every after 3-4 seconds. I have visited Samsung service center 3 times and each time they replace the adapter. Once adapter replaced, it will charge from 20% to 100% in 1.5 hours.
Now again after a month or so i have same issue. it is taking almost 4-5 hours to charge, Now i requested for replacement as it is a faulty piece and Samsung support saying that it is normal/by design it should take that long. They are not even ready to give in written that it is normal to take 4-5 hours charging. My Cousin has S4, that charges full battery in less then 2 hours.
It looks like i have wasted my money, Samsung neither repairing my mobile nor they giving replacement.
Don't trust Samsung, they are cheaters.

anon(156377)

Feb 3, 2011
Visit site
What charger are you using? A computer is only going to charge at half an amp. Wall charger charges at 1.2A with screen on, almost 2A with it off..

Sent while enjoying a Pabst

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Markizta