AT&T Galaxy S4 - Issue when creating albums from pictures stored on device

DevssrT

Apr 17, 2011
Visit site
Hi everyone,

I seem to be having a problem when trying to create albums using the stock gallery app on my ATT Samsung Gallery S4 (non-rooted)

So at the moment, I have my device set up to store any picture I take on my External SD Card - typically, after I take a bunch of pictures at either a wedding, party, event, etc. I create an album so I don't have to scroll through the 1,000s of pictures in the "Camera" album

I have been doing this for a bit now until the other day when I went to create a new album it said that there wasn't enough room, at which point I realized the device was taking the album/pictures I was creating and moving them off of the memory card and onto the devices internal storage.

After realizing this, I thought I could figure it out using either ES File Explorer or Astro File Manager - however, when I try to move the album over to the external SD card, it says either "transfer failed" or "move failed" and the albums remain on the devices storage.

Also, I want to note that when I try to even view the "Pictures" file on the External SD card it says "Empty" but I can view the albums I have created which are on the device. (Using both ES File Explorer and Astro File Manager)

So, ultimately my questions are:

-Can you create albums and store them on the External SD Card?
-Is there another way to move the albums which have already been created back over to the SD card?

Thank you for anyone's help in advance here!

-Ryan

DevssrT

Apr 17, 2011
Visit site
I figured it out!

For some reason using the "Gallery" App you are not able to move files to folders on the SD Card - I had to go to the "My Files" folder - then go to "All Files" - select the photos which were on the device, then select "Move" - "Ext. Sd Card" - Add Folder - Name Folder - Move to newly created folder.

profeducator

Oct 21, 2013
Visit site
I am having a similar problem on my Sprint Galaxy S4 where I create a folder and select folders to move to the folder, but it won't let me move my photos to the folder. How did you find the "My Files" folder? Any help is appreciated, thank you!