Out of the blue I've lost my Wi-Fi capability on my S4.

I've restarted & turned off the phone to no avail. My phone shows up on my router's control panel as active as well as a couple of apps I have.

I've also forgot the connection & reentered all necessary info. Mobile connectivity is fine but as soon as I switch Wi-Fi back on, no tweets, FB notifications, etc.

Suggestions, ideas? TX

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk
    10-14-2013 06:09 PM
    When connected to WiFi, do the signal icons stay gray or turn blue? I'm assuming they stay gray. What I have done that worked is to forget that WiFi connection, delete your Google account, reboot, re-add your Google account and then try re connecting to your WiFi.

That SHOULD get you reconnected. Have you tried other Wifi networks?

Sent from my Nexus 7
    10-14-2013 06:19 PM
    When connected to WiFi, do the signal icons stay gray or turn blue? I'm assuming they stay gray. What I have done that worked is to forget that WiFi connection, delete your Google account, reboot, re-add your Google account and then try re connecting to your WiFi.

That SHOULD get you reconnected. Have you tried other Wifi networks?

Sent from my Nexus 7
    Actually they turn blue. Just curious but what would deleting my Google account do, & do you mean the account under Settings/Accounts? TX

10-14-2013 06:24 PM
    Well, even though my router gave all indications that it was picking up the phone I tried a hunch. Rebooted the router & Wi-Fi is back!

dancing-bass likes this.
    10-14-2013 07:08 PM
    Blue is good, meaning you have a stable connection with Google's servers. Grey is bad... You've got signal but aren't connected with Google.

Glad it worked out though! Rebooting the modem & router was my next step. (personally I do that for my home network about once a month anyway... Just habit from an old router that needed it done almost weekly!)

Sent from my Nexus 7
    10-14-2013 07:30 PM
    Blue is good, meaning you have a stable connection with Google's servers. Grey is bad... You've got signal but aren't connected with Google.

Glad it worked out though! Rebooting the modem & router was my next step. (personally I do that for my home network about once a month anyway... Just habit from an old router that needed it done almost weekly!)

Sent from my Nexus 7
    Got it. Thanks.

10-14-2013 09:08 PM