Hi guys, (I posted this in the wrong forum before)
    Well there is just one more thing about my new Galaxy S4 (AT&T) that is really irritating me and I wonder if anyone knows how to fix it. It's the stupid email app that always wants to tell me I have new emails when it just went and loaded old emails to the end of the list of messages. These are emails I read days ago and they show up at the bottom of the list as unread. I guess it must always have 25 messages showing so if I delete some new messages that came in, this pushes some of my old already read messages off of the bottom of the list, then my phone tells me it has new messages for me to read because these messages fill in from the bottom as unread messages. This is pissing me off! Why doesn't it know that those messages have already been read? Once a message rolls off the end of the list it's as if it doesn't know that the message ever existed so it shows up as a new message.
    What's more is if I accidentally scroll down to the bottom of the list and go just a little past the bottom message it will start to load another 25 messages, that's even more irritating! This "feature" makes it impossible for me to know if I really have new unread messages or if it just loaded some old messages and marked them as new again. HELP!
    10-16-2013 01:01 AM
    Wow, 165 views so far and nobody has a solution. Seems this is just one frustration I will have to live with. The gmail app doesn't do this, only the bundled mail app. Maybe I'll check to see if Thunderbird or some other mail app is available from the Play Store. Since it seems I am unable to correct this behavior from this app, what mail app is everyone else using?

OK I found a solution, but it required me to install a different email app. It seems the bundled one is not fixable, too bad. FWIW, I'm now using AquaMail. It seems to work like I want it to. Thanks anyway. Maybe my babbling will help someone else in the future.
    10-16-2013 12:46 PM
    I had the same problem and it's a simple fix. Go to the email settings and select more settings, change Number of emails to load to total. That's it you should be good to go after that.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using AC Forums mobile app
    10-18-2013 12:15 AM
    That's sounds to me like it would cause the same problem, only on a bigger scale!
    Like I said, I resolve it by getting an email program that works like it was designed by someone who actually thought it through!
    Thanks anyway.
    10-18-2013 12:34 AM
    I thought the same thing but I tried it and it works. I haven't had the problem for about 3 weeks now.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using AC Forums mobile app
    10-18-2013 08:59 AM