Callers' voices cutting out when toggling between Mute/Unmute, Speaker/Non-Speaker, etc.

razz2525

Nov 11, 2013
Visit site
I've been having issues with my calls when I toggle between Bluetooth and speaker or when I turn Mute on and Off, the person's voice cuts out at least 3 or 4 times. Sometimes it happens when a call initially connects that I don't understand the first few words out of the person's mouth - this happens when I call out or when I receive a call. At first I thought it had to with my mobile connection - that I tend to get a worse connection inside my house than when I go outside, but today on a conference call, I dialed through Bluetooth in my car, had no problems, but when I turned the car off, the phone toggled out of Headset mode, the person's voice cut out. Then when I had to mute the line, and then unmute to speak, the phone's sound cut out again, 3x. Also, sometimes when I'm on Speaker for awhile, the Speaker button "fails" and I'm wondering, why I don't I hear anything anymore? Then I pick up the phone and realize Speaker mode has just suddenly stopped.

Is this a settings issue? Can I manage this through settings? Software? Or hardware (replace the phone at AT&T)? If it ends up being the latter, what is the BEST way to backup my phone before I take it in to be replaced. :(

Thank you!!

tunie

Phhhhbbbbtttt
Apr 7, 2011
Visit site
I could be wrong but, it sure sounds like a network issue to me. However, I have experieced intermittent delays in transitioning from speakerphone to phone and vice-versa. It isn't very long though; perhaps 1-2 seconds. I attributed it to restoring the connection when switching inputs. If this is similar to what you're experiencing and it's interfering with the quality of your conversations, I'd exchange the phone. I'm not aware of a setting that would effect this issue. Let us know what happens.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sem173