Bah i'm ready to get 4.3 TODAY (hopefully)

Lanhoj

May 16, 2011
Visit site
View attachment 91747
Definitely Android 4.3 , Baseband I337UCUEMJ9
Lookout Antivirus comes preloaded...still looking around though.

Best thing to come with Android 4.3 for me was the Notification Listener Service!
With it, Apps that listen for Notifications such as LightFlow, Floating Notifications, Dynamic Notifications, etc... no longer need to use the Accessibility Services "hack".

Additionally, the Notifications are connected so dismissing it one way dismisses it globally!
Previously, if you got a Google+ Notification that popped up in your Notification Shade swiping it away wouldn't dismiss it from Floating Notifications or LightFlow - you'd need to manually dismiss them from each. Now though, dismissing them by any means dismisses them from every App - super convenient!

Other than that, 4.3 changes the way files are stored so manually moving pictures around with a File Explorer App from folder-to-folder doesn't take as long to be reflected in the Gallery.

May 15, 2013
Visit site
I downloaded the update 700mb while I slept. I assume its done because it doesnt show it downloading anymore but it still says I have 4.2 installed. I went back to about device, then software update and it says its up to date, check back in 19 hours.
I already downloaded 4.3 but it's still showing 4.2. Any input would be great

dratsablive

Apr 30, 2011
Visit site
Just curious, do you have an external SD card you save pictures too? If so, you might want to try formating card, I found that once the card starts to get full, it slows down the opening of the camera.

Lucky7Phone

Apr 25, 2013
Visit site
I am using a the AT&T GS4 in Canada and I am still waiting to get the update through Kies. I've gotten an update before btw so it should work.

Anyone got it working through Kies?

Chris Simms

Oct 31, 2013
Visit site
I was able to download the update but when I went to install it got about half way through, restarted my phone and then I got a message about the installation was interrupted. Is this happening because I'm rooted?

bobmurray1212

Jul 3, 2012
Visit site
Got my update today. S4 with ATT. So Far not much different. It loaded Amazon Kindle app. Also instead of disable for apps it now states turned off. also Notification panel changed. It added a read mode to the options.
I'm not seeing any lag and all apps are working without problem. I will get back to you on battery drain but for 4 hours I'm not seeing one. :D

Mournblade

Jun 18, 2013
Visit site
Here's a question I never expected to ask... Has anyone else found any songs added to their music collection? I opened poweramp this morning to find about 10 new songs on my playlist - hard rock and stuff like chemical brothers! Has anybody else seen this?

thecure13

Jun 4, 2013
Visit site
I am so happy for 4.3. I noticed on startup, the phone is just sooo much faster now! I still have yet to play around with the phone see if I run into any issues. The one thing I did notice was the "Disable Mobile Data" from notification panel has been removed. Instead some reading mode was added.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

AlphaVictor87

Jul 5, 2012
Visit site
So first impressions.
It seems to have turned my animations back on as far as apps opening and folders opening (i had previous disabled in developer options)
Very smooth though, lot less stuttering that i've had before.
Camera opens up WAY faster than before.
Screen is more responsive/turns on faster when trying to wake it from sleep.

Overall i'm really happy =)

EDIT: EVEN HAPPIER!!!! There are new options when long pressing an app in the app drawer. Create folder, App Info, and UNINSTALL!!! no more going through application manager!!! If you do drag an app to the app info option it will take you to that app in the application manager too. So thats REALLY nice!

Last edited:

Devin Ashcraft

Jul 22, 2013
Visit site
So there is a way to bypass the waiting period. Just go into settings on the Samsung S4. Look under "more" and select "Date and Time". Then uncheck "Automatic Date and Time". After that go down where it says date, and change the date to anytime in the future. Finally go back and check under "About Device" and do your manual update check. If you have an update, great! Make sure to go back after you have checked on the update and check the box for "Automatic Time and Date" to be turned back on. You can do this as many times as you would like, just keep going further into the future with your date.
Hope this helps.
Cheers! ;)

Devin Ashcraft

Jul 22, 2013
Visit site
I'm still waiting for my update... I'm not sure what's taking so long... maybe today sometime... and yes I tried the date hack several times... oh well... I NEED PATIENCE!

Greg Riegler

Nov 14, 2013
Visit site
My girlfriend gets her update today. I checked mine and says no update available. I have an ATT Galaxy S4, however I'm running on StraightTalk via a Tracfone sim card, am I being ignored by the ATT server because of this?

troshs

Trusted Member
Jul 6, 2013
Visit site
Mine is downloading now and hauling some serious ***. Its been running about 10 min and at 17%.

Posted via Android Central App

Drsous11

Jun 5, 2013
Visit site
Can anyone who has 4.3 installed tell me if their is any possible way to shut off mobile data? I know that some say the toggle is gone but is it now just in the network settings or completely done away with?

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chelsea rae