Hey...just purchased unlocked AT&T Samsung Galaxy S4. Want to use it on existing ST account. Want to keep my existing cell# and monthly plan. Is it as simple as inserting current SIM card and powering up phone? Do I need to activate phone on ST web site? If yes, do I activate using BYOP or 'Transfer Your Existing Straight Talk Service' option.

Thanks in advance...Mark
    11-19-2013 09:21 AM
    if you already have an existing ST account just pop the sim into the S4
    11-19-2013 12:51 PM
    Thanks...get phone tomorrow. Hope it's as easy as that!
    11-19-2013 04:10 PM
    Man. ATT is giving me stick about unlocking my S4..Paid full price. 670$$ under the condition they unlock it.
    Dropped it in toilet 2 weeks later. .got a replacement and me together with the ATT tech support guys all found out AT&T changed their policy on unlocking a phone.
    Now you must be a customer for 6 months before they will unlock it. I live in Thailand. .so this sucks for me..
    Yea I know I can get it unlocked, but jeez can you believe this? <edited for language>

Posted via Android Central App
    11-19-2013 11:17 PM
    Follow up to original post...Recap: I have ST account. Wanted to upgrade my Galaxy S2 phone, so I purchased Galaxy S4 on Ebay (unlocked AT&T phone). Got phone, inserted my SIM card AND could not make calls. Went to ST website to transfer my info/SIM to new phone, etc. Would not allow my existing SIM to work with new phone. Had to purchase NEW AT&T SIM card from Walmart. Went back to ST website, entered in new SIM card PIN, and I was re-activated. However...phone calls were dropping, and pictures via txt not downloading. Issues with MMS. Found solution on ST website and Youtube (similar APN setting instructions). After changing APN settings, I was able to get "4G" cell signal, and all MMS stuff is coming through. Not simple plug and play with unlocked phone, but not too difficult either.
    11-26-2013 05:16 PM
    Follow up to original post...Recap: I have ST account. Wanted to upgrade my Galaxy S2 phone, so I purchased Galaxy S4 on Ebay (unlocked AT&T phone). Got phone, inserted my SIM card AND could not make calls. Went to ST website to transfer my info/SIM to new phone, etc. Would not allow my existing SIM to work with new phone. Had to purchase NEW AT&T SIM card from Walmart. Went back to ST website, entered in new SIM card PIN, and I was re-activated. However...phone calls were dropping, and pictures via txt not downloading. Issues with MMS. Found solution on ST website and Youtube (similar APN setting instructions). After changing APN settings, I was able to get "4G" cell signal, and all MMS stuff is coming through. Not simple plug and play with unlocked phone, but not too difficult either.
    Did you originally have a Straight Talk SIM with T-Mobile service?

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk
    11-26-2013 05:58 PM