AT&T Samsung Galaxy S4 - Hangouts and SMS

MrMoto1992

Apr 27, 2013
Visit site
I am using it right now. I love the concept because it let's me have the people I video chat, IM, and text all in one space. It also has all those emojis.

Unfortunately it is pretty laggy on the s4 and is missing a ton of SMS features, but I am sticking with it. Hoping Google will fix the problems.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using AC Forums mobile app

Greg Riegler

Nov 14, 2013
Visit site
I used it a few times. Seems to get laggy trying to select attachments or open links. But there doesn't seem to be support for MMS, at least I can't get it to work. Just says sending for a long time then gives me the option to resend. You can send MMS to non-cell numbers like google+ contacts via the hangouts. But in 4.4 KitKat i hear its better integrated with the messaging app, and is a good replacement.

anon(146480)

Jan 27, 2011
Visit site
MMS, both sending and receiving, work for me (AT&T). I like it. Anything that helps me consolidate is a good thing.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

MrMoto1992

Apr 27, 2013
Visit site
MMS, both sending and receiving, work for me (AT&T). I like it. Anything that helps me consolidate is a good thing.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

Yeah MMS is working for me. As long as I prevent the app from closing it seems to run decent now.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using AC Forums mobile app

shamelin73

Jul 29, 2010
Visit site
The one thing that I like about the stock one is when you put the phone up to your ear it dials the number for you. Hangouts doesn't do this.

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laila Nance