Missing hidden apps option

rydeordie2302

May 29, 2013
Visit site
After updating my S4 to 4.3 the option for hidden applications is missing. I used it put apps away that I wasn't using. But now all that's there is a disabled apps option but when I tap that the phone freezes and says touch wiz home stopped working. Anyone know a fix or experience the same thing? Thank you
Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using AC Forums mobile app

Sweet Pikake

Jun 6, 2011
Visit site
After updating my S4 to 4.3 the option for hidden applications is missing. I used it put apps away that I wasn't using. But now all that's there is a disabled apps option but when I tap that the phone freezes and says touch wiz home stopped working. Anyone know a fix or experience the same thing? Thank you

apps, menu, uninstall/disable apps

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using AC Forums mobile app

rasqual

Jun 28, 2011
Visit site
No. No no no. You're not posting from an S4. Are you saying that an AT&T upgraded-to-4.3 S4 you've used allows for hiding apps the way you're describing? Or are you assuming that what works on your Note 3 will be the same on a just-upgraded S4?

Sweet Pikake

Jun 6, 2011
Visit site
No. No no no. You're not posting from an S4. Are you saying that an AT&T upgraded-to-4.3 S4 you've used allows for hiding apps the way you're describing? Or are you assuming that what works on your Note 3 will be the same on a just-upgraded S4?

That's how 4.3 works. I just double check on my S4. The problem with S4 4.3 is with KNOX, when moving from mobile data to wifi,
"An application has been forced to stop for an unauthorized attempt to access system in your device. It maybe safe to delete an application obtained from an unauthorized route. Check now" appears.

rydeordie2302

May 29, 2013
Visit site
Are u really asking me if I know what phone I'm holding in my hand??? Seriously?! Yes the s4 does allow for hiding apps. My at&t s4 did it on 4.2 now doesn't wok on 4.3 yet my buddy's sprint s4 does it still

bobmurray1212

Jul 3, 2012
Visit site
My S4 with 4.3 no loner says hide app. It now says turn app off, which does the same thing. Apps turned of do not show in apps list, only in application manager all the way to the right. I love 4.3. Battery seems to last forever amd no lag.

Posted via Android Central App

Alicia Anderson

Apr 2, 2013
Visit site
Back to the original question.......is there a fix for this coming out soon? I did the same thing!! I "hid" some apps before the "turn off/disable" option was there and now the "hidden" apps aren't in the app drawer.....

Mikal79

Dec 1, 2013
Visit site
Same issue here. Hid apps prior to 4.3 update, option now gone to unhide. I can get to then using the search feature but cannot get to the actual "hidden" app back to add shortcuts and no way to unhide. Show disabled apps also grayed out so that's no help.

Nov 24, 2013
Visit site
The original 4.3 update broke the show hidden apps & the 28mb update after that still didn't fix it.

I installed Nova Launcher and now I can hide/show my apps with its settings... I kinda like it since I used Go Launcher on my old LG Esteem.

I know this doesn't help you - but at least you know the 2nd update won't fix it either.

Posted via Android Central App

leyva

Dec 8, 2013
Visit site

here is the email I got from Samsung About the hidden app option and mobile data icon

Thank you for contacting Samsung Telecommunications America.

We do understand your concern.

We should inform you that few enchantments of the features and options will take place after an update is performed on the phone. We apologize, it is not possible to retrieve the hidden applications on your phone as of now as it’s updated to Android 4.3 version.

However, we should also inform you that the data option is not included in the notification panel in this update. We will surely take this as a feedback from you. We apologize for the inconvenience this may have caused. Your concern is of the utmost importance to us.

Should you have more questions regarding your Samsung Mobile Phone, you can also reach out to our chat support team by accessing the following link. Live Chat is available 24 hours a day 7 days a week. Have a wonderful day!

Link: Samsung

Thank you for your continued interest in Samsung products.
Sincerely,

Aaron
Technical Support

Jared Stephen

Mar 13, 2014
Visit site

So are you guys saying that we can't hide our apps anymore? And how do we turn off apps?

twinkie87

May 1, 2013
Visit site
The hide option is gone from my s3 after the 4.3 update, so I have a bunch of stuff that I want hide, and there are no other options! Uninstall is the only option I see, and that's not what I want to do. It's very frustrating because I used to hide lots of things. Now I have them in a folder titled CRAP! Ugh!!