Update ruined my phone.. random restarts and force closes

PaulQ

Jan 6, 2011
Visit site
I got the update this morning. First it got stuck in a reboot cycle. Then it would stay on for a couple minutes then reboot. Got in long enough to do a factory reset. Now it restarts every few hours. Play store crashes. Camera crashes. Wish I had never done it.

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
I got the update this morning. First it got stuck in a reboot cycle. Then it would stay on for a couple minutes then reboot. Got in long enough to do a factory reset. Now it restarts every few hours. Play store crashes. Camera crashes. Wish I had never done it.

Have you tried clearing cache in recovery?

PaulQ

Jan 6, 2011
Visit site
I found instructions on the web which were pretty much what I thought you do based on my old rooting days but it never enters recovery. Hold VOL UP + POWER + CENTER BUTTON. Just get the Samsung splash screen with some blue text but it goes black and never shows anything else. Is that normal?

Golfdriver97

Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
I found instructions on the web which were pretty much what I thought you do based on my old rooting days but it never enters recovery. Hold VOL UP + POWER + CENTER BUTTON. Just get the Samsung splash screen with some blue text but it goes black and never shows anything else. Is that normal?

No. You are releasing the buttons when you see the first Samsung screen?

From a Sprint Moto X using AC forums app

PaulQ

Jan 6, 2011
Visit site
Ah ha! Thanks. Unfortunately problems continue. Even tried a reset through the recovery. Now play store won't open.

Have an appointment with ATT warranty center tomorrow. Have no idea what will become of that.

Thanks for the help!

Golfdriver97

Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
Ah ha! Thanks. Unfortunately problems continue. Even tried a reset through the recovery. Now play store won't open.

Have an appointment with ATT warranty center tomorrow. Have no idea what will become of that.

Thanks for the help!

Sorry it didn't help. See you around the forums.

From a Sprint Moto X using AC forums app

PaulQ

Jan 6, 2011
Visit site
Just as a follow up.... AT&T warranty store tried to reflash my phone and it wouldn't work so they gave me a new phone. New phone is 4.2.2 and tried to download the update then just stopped. I assume it will try again at some point.

Skeleknights

Oct 24, 2013
Visit site
Just as a follow up.... AT&T warranty store tried to reflash my phone and it wouldn't work so they gave me a new phone. New phone is 4.2.2 and tried to download the update then just stopped. I assume it will try again at some point.

The downloads will stop if your screen locked. I had to keep my on till the downloads completed. If its locked, it pause or stop the downloads.

Posted via Android Central App

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pierre5463