Update problem with unlocked Galaxy S4

metle_geek

Jul 26, 2013
Visit site
I just went through a bunch of bs and on the phone with them about an HTC phones ota and they now require an active sim so appearing ally at&t isn't releasing ruus anymore which boggles my mind but for rite now you have to have an at&t sim in or 5 of can go to a best buy and request a samsung experience person to manually flash it

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using AC Forums mobile app

nikyAwesom

Feb 8, 2014
Visit site
OK it comes from at&t themselves you must have an active at&t sim to push the update and it will start then it can be switched to Wifi to download think of the SIM as a security key to get the update file

That is some bs

Posted via Android Central App

nikyAwesom

Feb 8, 2014
Visit site
I don't have any best buy in my country so am.... Am switching to iPhone
not lol some one some where is coming with a solution may be it's going to be different with 4.4

Last edited:

metle_geek

Jul 26, 2013
Visit site
OK do you have at&t? I mean use a prepaid sim card it just has to be pushed through their network

metle_geek

Jul 26, 2013
Visit site
No there is no at&t where am from and I don't have an at&t sim card

Guess your out of luck do this go to XDA root it use lokidoki unlock the boot loader and flash a kit kat rom outside of the us and no at&t network you can't upgrade without rooting and flashing plus it's better that way because the locked boot loader and stock rom have back doors for the nsa to data mine you and spy on you so someone outside of the us with an at&t branded phone will be red flagged like a bullseye

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Agentirish