anyone is having issues with wifi and att red after update?

Diegoac3

Jul 25, 2013
Visit site
After I updated my phone I have all kind of problems. Quick glance is not working! But yhe worse is now my phone take forever to connect to my wifi and when connects the phone said the signal is bad (same wifi I always use never had a problem before) . But the worse is that att red or the phone (dont know exactly) is extremely slow at time of load a pic or Facebook, Instagram etc etc. I contact att and they said is no problem with the red in my area. But after the update I only have 2 lines of signal and crazy slow internet. Same spots that I always have 5 lines and fast internet. PLEASE HELP!!!! ( btw I already clean the cache) HELP

Posted via Android Central App

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
By "red," I assume you're using the Spanish word for "network."

I've been seeing quite a few posts about the Android 4.3 update still causing significant problems on the S4, so you're not alone. Hopefully Samsung figures it out soon.

Nov 14, 2013
Visit site
@Diegoac3 still having the WiFi connect problem? I did at first, until I changed a setting. 4.3 comes with a default setting enabled under WiFi...Advanced called "Auto Network Switch". What it does is continually check your WiFi connection for "reliability" and then auto switches to your mobile data connection (mine is 4G) if it does not like your WiFi. Problem was, it didn't like any WiFi connection, rated them all as unreliable! This caused all type of connectivity problems, delays and random disconnects for me. Try turning that off and see if that helps. It did for me.

Wonder if Samsung and mobile providers conspired on that feature to keep us on mobile data??