I recently rooted my att galaxy s4 using the pwn method through the sd card and terminal emulator. I know it is rooted and have downloaded many root apps but I badly want to get cyanoginemod. Iv'e tried to get Clockwork Recovery or TWRP in different ways but it won't work. When I boot into download mode it just stays there and I end up having to rip the battery out and restart the phone. I have tried Rom manager and Goo Manager; Rom manager thinks I have Clockwork recovery but I can't boot into it, and I can't even download anything on Goo Manager. Am I making some noob mistake...how can I get a recovery flashed? Any help would be great!

Thanks,

Bentonjdame
    12-04-2013 08:57 PM
    I recently rooted my att galaxy s4 using the pwn method through the sd card and terminal emulator. I know it is rooted and have downloaded many root apps but I badly want to get cyanoginemod. Iv'e tried to get Clockwork Recovery or TWRP in different ways but it won't work. When I boot into download mode it just stays there and I end up having to rip the battery out and restart the phone. I have tried Rom manager and Goo Manager; Rom manager thinks I have Clockwork recovery but I can't boot into it, and I can't even download anything on Goo Manager. Am I making some noob mistake...how can I get a recovery flashed? Any help would be great!

Thanks,

Bentonjdame
    07-03-2014 07:51 AM
    Hi,hopefully this can help a bit. #1. Look for your device on computer for directions on how to boot recovery since recovery and download mode are two different modes your phone can boot into. #2 Nandroid is your friend,Make Backup. #3. Enjoy, hopefully this helped as you can find tons of info online for your s4. Nice phone,good luck
    07-03-2014 07:57 AM