I've had my Galaxy S4 for about 5 months now and this is the first time I'm experiencing this problem. It also just happened about 30 minutes ago. My screen light won't come up. The colored notification lights on top of the phone are still lighting up, the home button works and when i press it, the two little side buttons light up (the back button and the other button that is half a square with two lines in it). The screen is still responsive because when I place finger on it, it vibrates like it's supposed to from me touching the unlock pad. I'm just not quite sure what to do. My phone is in good shape, no scratches or marks. I've had a good Otterbox on it since I bought it. I'm just not sure why this would happen, and especially since the other little lights on the phone seem to work just fine. Any help would be greatly appreciated!
    12-05-2013 12:42 AM
    And in case I may not be clear (my apologies), the light won't come on at all. It's just a black screen.
    12-05-2013 12:55 AM
    I had a similar issue and through trial and error found a work around. I would have returned the phone but a couple of minor dings voided the warranty.

There were two major things I was able to do. First change some brightness settings, and secondly install a screen filter.

First, I could see the screen, just barely, in a dark room. I could not see the screen under normal light.
    In the dark room, I was able to navigate to settings/My device/Display/ Brightness/
    I unselected Automatic Brightness and set Brightness level on slider bar to less than about 75%. More than 75% and the screen was goofy. ( after this I was able to see the screen much better, but still pretty dark)

Then I improved brightness by going to Settings/ My device/ Display/ unselect Auto adjust screen tone
    then Goto Settings/ My device/ Display/ Screen Mode/ unselect Adapt display and select Dynamic

Then download "Filter Your Screen" and create a filter with all 4 elements (Alpha, Red, Green, and Blue) set to highest setting.

Hopefully something works for you.
    12-07-2013 03:24 PM