Screen Stays Lit

adamelio24

Dec 16, 2013
Visit site
When my phone is plugged in at night and I receive a text message or the battery is fully charged, the screen lights up and won't turn back off. How can I set it to turn off after the regular time out has passed?

Matt_Zenick

Nov 15, 2013
Visit site
When my phone is plugged in at night and I receive a text message or the battery is fully charged, the screen lights up and won't turn back off. How can I set it to turn off after the regular time out has passed?

go to settings, go to development tools and turn off stay awake

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site

Welcome to the forums.
Let us know how Matt's suggestion works.

meyerweb#CB

Banned
Sep 4, 2009
Visit site
Do you have developer settings turned on? There's an option in that menu to keep the screen on when plugged in, I think.

If that's not it, have you rebooted lately? I find that often fixes little glitches like this.

Matt_Zenick

Nov 15, 2013
Visit site
if you dont have developer settings on you can turn it on like this Go to the settings menu, and scroll down to "About phone." Tap it.
Scroll down to the bottom again, where you see "Build number." (Your build number may vary from ours here.)
Tap it very rapidly. Keep on tapping, and *poof*, you've got the developer settings.

Uriel Silva

Dec 31, 2013
Visit site
if you dont have developer settings on you can turn it on like this Go to the settings menu, and scroll down to "About phone." Tap it.
Scroll down to the bottom again, where you see "Build number." (Your build number may vary from ours here.)
Tap it very rapidly. Keep on tapping, and *poof*, you've got the developer settings.

Thanks this really helped!

Posted via Android Central App

richv77

Jun 30, 2012
Visit site
I was noticing the same issue. I turned off screen awake.
Q: Should I turn Off Developer options?

Also, does screen awake need to be On when using a desktop charger as it keeps the calendar visible?

Thanks for your comments.

-Rich

metle_geek

Jul 26, 2013
Visit site
I always lock the phone I got tired of it so when I rooted I disabled it with exposed frame work :) rooting isn't for everyone but for me no root no phone been rooted on every device since the snap dragon 1 gig single core and gorilla glass came out

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using AC Forums mobile app