Insert an HTML Email Signature on the Galaxy S4

speed13

Apr 29, 2013
Visit site
Some email clients or mail systems strip out images in replies, mainly to save bandwidth. Also the idea being that they've been seen and are not necessary.

Just to be clear, the original test emails to her iPhone did display correctly, only the replies from it had images stripped, correct?

As for what Rukbat said, I absolutely agree with him - in principle. But...well, read my post #4 in this thread:

http://forums.androidcentral.com/ask-question/497183-how-do-i-insert-photos-into-email-note-4-a.html

If I filtered all the html email we received,
Yes you are correct, the original email on her iPhone displayed correctly. No issues only when I replied back to myself came with long links.

Crashdamage

Jan 18, 2015
Visit site
Yes you are correct, the original email on her iPhone displayed correctly. No issues only when I replied back to myself came with long links.
Ok, I thought it would. HTML is becoming almost the default format (unfortunately). Sometimes you have to change a setting to allow images by default or click an 'allow images' button. But there's few email programs left anymore that can't display HTML, even if they can't compose in it. That's simply because HTML is so common now it's just a necessary function.

Is there a way to same this signature on stock ios email app on ipad?
I have no idea. No real experience with iPhone and don't want to have any. I could Google about it, but you can do that or look in the user manual.

Android since v1.0. Linux user since 2001.

speed13

Apr 29, 2013
Visit site
Thanks and you did help me a lot, signature on my Galaxy phone looks more professional even in HTML (don't know much that can be a lot of harmful and spam) but looks more professional when email the clients ☺

Crashdamage

Jan 18, 2015
Visit site
Just a little extra info...as an alternative to keeping signature images on your phone, you can keep them on a sever or website. Make the image file available on a publicly accessible host - your website for example. I use Google Drive. Instructions on how to host a file on Google Drive can be found here:

http://www.dalebasler.com/2014/03/get-a-direct-link-to-files-hosted-in-google-drive/

It works about the same as storing images locally, you just put in the image as an address instead of a file. The advantage is mostly that images do not have to be on the phone.

speed13

Apr 29, 2013
Visit site
Bit confused 😕 I am not that tech guy but would like to learn ☺what should I do with this info. I mean if you busy don't bother when you have a time ☺

Crashdamage

Jan 18, 2015
Visit site
This link below is a pretty good explanation of how to setup hosting your images (or other files) using Google Drive. The same thing can be done with Dropbox or most other cloud storage. But just by having a Google account you already have 15GB on GD. You can put your company logo, Twitter and Facebook icons - whatever you need in a folder on GD.

I use hosting images for custom signatures for several phones, tablets and Windows and Linux desktops. The advantage is everything is always in the same place. If I do a reset, reinstall or get a new device no transfer of files is needed. So, for example with AquaMail, I just reload a backup and accounts, signatures, everything is as it was. (Well, almost. I've noticed AquaMail misses saving a couple of minor settings. The only bug I've found so far.) I do the same thing with Thunderbird on desktops. That's one reason why so much email you receive has remote hosted images rather than imbedded. Simplified setup after the initial install. The other main reason is to reduce the size of emails.

This link below is specific to Gmail, but don't let that spook you. It works the same for other email clients. Basically you just paste in the image location in GD to a dialog box in AquaMail instead of selecting an image file.

http://gappstips.com/gmail/use-google-drive-to-host-your-gmail-signature/

Last edited:

speed13

Apr 29, 2013
Visit site
This link below is a pretty good explanation of how to setup hosting your images (or other files) using Google Drive. The same thing can be done with Dropbox or most other cloud storage. But just by having a Google account you already have 15GB on GD. You can put your company logo, Twitter and Facebook icons - whatever you need in a folder on GD.

I use hosting for custom signatures for several phones, tablets and Windows and Linux desktops. The advantage is everything is always in the same place. If I do a reset, reinstall or get a new device no transfer of files is needed. So, for example with AquaMail, I just reload a backup and accounts, signatures, everything is as it was. (Well, almost. I've noticed AquaMail misses saving a couple of minor settings. The only bug I've found so far.) I do the same thing with Thunderbird on desktops. That's why so much email you receive has remote hosted images rather than imbedded. Simplified setup after the initial install.

This is specific to Gmail, but don't let that spook you. It works the same for other email clients. Basically you just paste in the image location in GD to a dialog box in AquaMail instead of selecting an image file.

OK that's explain everything. Thanks!

Crashdamage

Jan 18, 2015
Visit site
You'll know when you have your remote-hosted images all configured correctly. When you start a new email, the images will appear same as they do with the files on the phone. No images, you made a mistake somewhere.

It's really not that difficult to setup. You can do it. Impress your friends and coworkers with your technical expertise.

Plummerdc88

Apr 28, 2014
Visit site
To insert a logo or other image into the body or signature of an email you must use an email app that can compose HTML email. I don't know what email app you have, but if it cannot compose in HTML you can choose from several that can such as AquaMail, Maildroid, etc.

Any idea if the new Gmail app will compose HTML email?

Plummerdc88

Apr 28, 2014
Visit site
Thanks i will try this out. I am hoping this will work if i have Gmail (web) handle other email address that are not Gmail. And still have the custom signature send and receive while using Gmail (app)

Angelescu

Mar 11, 2015
Visit site
To insert a logo or other image into the body or signature of an email you must use an email app that can compose HTML email. I don't know what email app you have, but if it cannot compose in HTML you can choose from several that can such as AquaMail, Maildroid, etc.

i've just instaled both apps(aquamail and droidmail pro versions both) and guess what? i can't send an html signature thru any of them.... the same html code that work fine on thunderbird won't work in this apps, but they cand read it just perfect. Please help me, i have an html code, and i want find an email app that can read it as the signature.

Crashdamage

Jan 18, 2015
Visit site
You don't need to use code. Read my posts #22_&_#24 in this thread. They explain how to put images in signatures. #31 explains putting embedded clickable hyperlinks in images. #45 & #47 cover remote hosting of images.

Those posts and the links in them explain how to do it all in some detail. If you still have questions post back here.

Last edited:

speed13

Apr 29, 2013
Visit site

I use hosting images for custom signatures for several phones, tablets and Windows and Linux desktops. The advantage is everything is always in the same place. If I do a reset, reinstall or get a new device no transfer of files is needed. So, for example with AquaMail, I just reload a backup and accounts, signatures, everything is as it was. (Well, almost. I've noticed AquaMail misses saving a couple of minor settings. The only bug I've found so far.) I do the same thing with Thunderbird on desktops. That's one reason why so much email you receive has remote hosted images rather than imbedded. Simplified setup after the initial install. The other main reason is to reduce the size of emails.

This link below is specific to Gmail, but don't let that spook you. It works the same for other email clients. Basically you just paste in the image location in GD to a dialog box in AquaMail instead of selecting an image file.

Quick question, I can do this on the phone (GALAXY S ™ 5) or I need this all setup on PC and use on the phone? Not sure if I can setup all on the phone or not?

Crashdamage

Jan 18, 2015
Visit site
The instructions I gave are all for setup of everything in AquaMail on the phone except for the hosting. That's easier done with a PC, though it can be done from a phone with a browser I suppose. Other than that no PC needed.

Crashdamage

Jan 18, 2015
Visit site
Thanks i will try this out. I am hoping this will work if i have Gmail (web) handle other email address that are not Gmail. And still have the custom signature send and receive while using Gmail (app)
I think it will not work the way you want. It will only add the custom signature to email composed in Gmail webmail.

However, if you use webmail but have Gmail configured to send it using a different outgoing server than Gmail's, say Yahoo.com or mydomain.com, the signature is still added. But not when using the Gmail app.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
w8wca