08-26-2014 05:35 AM
70 123
tools
    Same issue.
    03-17-2014 01:37 PM
    I just did the factory reset about 3 days ago. Phone is back to normal. Gas is fixed. No lag. Battery is still the same. The first day after the restore it seemed to take forever to charge but that only lasted 24 hours. Not much different elsewhere with 4.4.2 from 4.3. Touch wiz still the same. Did not get the new dialer.phone seems quicker now

Posted via Android Central App
    03-18-2014 06:30 AM
    Update after second factory reset, now phone is back to normal.

03-18-2014 06:35 AM
    Update after second factory reset, now phone is back to normal.

It shouldnt boil down to this but sadly it is so

must have unlocked boot loaders!!
    bobmurray1212 likes this.
    03-18-2014 07:48 AM
    KitKat 4.4.2 update ruins SD card usage!!

This is absolutely insane & totally unacceptable! It is now impossible to directly modify anything stored on the SD card, or write anything new directly to the SD card. Only the built-in file "move" function still works. And this is supposed to be an upgrade?? Bull****!

The only work around for modifying a saved file, short of rooting and modifying system files, is to:

1. copy the file you want to modify,
    2. paste it into a new file in main memory with a file-writing app (e.g., FX),
    3. make the modifications,
    4. save on the device storage with a different name than the original,
    5. then use the "move" function to move the modified file back to the SD card,
    6. delete the old file,
    7. and, finally, rename the newly moved file as desired.

Seven steps to do what used to take one: a RIDICULOUSLY convoluted hassle!

Google Android: FIX THIS **** IMMEDIATELY!! Call it Android 4.4.3... (and, perhaps nickname it "OurBad"!)

Else, enjoy a lot of flak, a lot of negative reviews, a lot of lost business... And, even, some class action lawsuits.

Google, stop foisting (pushing) buggy beta "updates" on your customers!

Also, AT&T: Stop being a patsy for pushing Google's detritus. If Google continues to drag its feet on this issue, can you provide a way to backtrack to 4.2? All those promised "perks" of 4.4.2 are useless if basic file management no longer works!

03-18-2014 03:32 PM
    Update to 4.4.2 since yesterday and it got my s4 screen black out like as if it was in a coma. I still could swipe on the black screen and it would make the unlock sound, turn the volume up and down, my menu and back button would light up but no response from the screen. I had to take my battery off and everything was normal again... Happen twice :/ didn't experience any of this before the update..

I'm with videotron btw. Canada.
    I'm having the same issue. My power button won't wake the screen. Sometimes it does actually wake the screen, but it doesn't show the images. Other times the screen wakes but the clock doesn't come up. A lot of people on other forums say to turn the GPS off, but I never turn it on. Anyone know of a fix?

My battery is also screwed. It drains so fast and takes more than 5 hours to charge.
    03-19-2014 10:11 AM
    KitKat 4.4.2 update ruins SD card usage!!

This is absolutely insane & totally unacceptable! It is now impossible to directly modify anything stored on the SD card, or write anything new directly to the SD card. Only the built-in file "move" function still works. And this is supposed to be an upgrade?? Bull****!

The only work around for modifying a saved file, short of rooting and modifying system files, is to:

1. copy the file you want to modify,
    2. paste it into a new file in main memory with a file-writing app (e.g., FX),
    3. make the modifications,
    4. save on the device storage with a different name than the original,
    5. then use the "move" function to move the modified file back to the SD card,
    6. delete the old file,
    7. and, finally, rename the newly moved file as desired.

Seven steps to do what used to take one: a RIDICULOUSLY convoluted hassle!

Google Android: FIX THIS **** IMMEDIATELY!! Call it Android 4.4.3... (and, perhaps nickname it "OurBad"!)

Else, enjoy a lot of flak, a lot of negative reviews, a lot of lost business... And, even, some class action lawsuits.

Google, stop foisting (pushing) buggy beta "updates" on your customers!

Also, AT&T: Stop being a patsy for pushing Google's detritus. If Google continues to drag its feet on this issue, can you provide a way to backtrack to 4.2? All those promised "perks" of 4.4.2 are useless if basic file management no longer works!

Dude google is psasing out external memory why do you think the last 2 nexus phones and devices past the galaxy neus dont have external sd cards in the next interation it will be like apple no sd cards period they do make a legitimate point as to why they took this road as most users and read and write rites of sd cards tend to corrupt and you get corrupted pics videos and I mostly blame bad manufacturing of micro sd cards or improperly formatted memory or even the users themselves not fully understanding google has basically ssid enough garbage and is punishing the good for the bad (not to mention their vested interest in cloud data) but thats a nother story my point is the different classifications of sd gb sizes and user ignorance or simply buggy apps has triggered an auto immune type of response instead of trying to fix it (more complicated than it sounds) they basically just said no abd are trying to purge the cancer before it spreads

03-19-2014 12:49 PM
    after update my phone to kitkat 4.4.2,my battery life drop twice faster than before and loch screen become lag lag lag...
    03-21-2014 02:39 AM
    I updated to 4.4.2 about a week ago and my battery life has been BETTER! But, the "Enable Widgets" in the Security Settings is not there so I can't add a lock screen widget. Any ideas?
    03-21-2014 04:11 PM
    I have the same but worse problem. my battery is swelling and affects the screen too. after the kitkat upgrade. done everything but failed. returned it to the store.
    03-23-2014 07:15 AM
    I have the same but worse problem. my battery is swelling and affects the screen too. after the kitkat upgrade. done everything but failed. returned it to the store.
    IF YOUR BATTERY IS SWELLING STOP USE IMMEDIATELY YOUR BATTERY IS UNSTABLE AND CAN EXPLODE

03-23-2014 02:12 PM
    Are you using an official Samsung Battery? Or are you using a 3rd party?
    03-23-2014 05:20 PM
    Either way thats a defective battery do not use

03-23-2014 05:22 PM
    After installing an update on my Samsung S4 my battery icon is appearing white and not green as it did before the update. Does anyone know how to solve this issue?
    04-24-2014 05:06 PM
    After installing an update on my Samsung S4 my battery icon is appearing white and not green as it did before the update. Does anyone know how to solve this issue?
    It is supposed to be white.
    04-25-2014 03:37 PM
    Unless you want to take the plunge root and flash a custom rom like i did no sorry it's a system file you won't be able to touch it without root

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using AC Forums mobile app
    04-25-2014 05:30 PM
    See I themed mime to be red

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using AC Forums mobile app
    Attached Thumbnails KitKat issues with AT&T Galaxy S4-1398465100373.jpg  
    04-25-2014 05:31 PM
    I get the same thing any resolutions? Has it been resolved?
    04-26-2014 04:14 PM
    I was able to solve the battery issue by getting into Developer Options and changing Background Processes to 1 instead of Standard ....
    07-09-2014 06:32 PM
    I found that having the sync on would drain my battery instantly and would cause a serious lag while charging. As long as I keep the sync turned off my battery is fine.

My big issue is apps running rampant in the background causing my battery to overheat (104°-113°) all the time. I downloaded a battery monitor and even with killing apps several times a day I still had issues. I finally called att and they wanted me to do a factory reset which I did and the battery over heated an hour later. On top of all of this when I did the factory reset it had different versions of the bloatware and most of them are Korean based and not even compatible with my phone.. I don't understand why that would be. I think the best option is to root my device unless anyone has any better ideas.
    08-26-2014 05:35 AM
70 123