KitKat issues with AT&T Galaxy S4

metle_geek

Jul 26, 2013
Visit site
truth, that is why the carriers hold the updates to test for bugs before releasing to their customers to prevent multiple OTA updates because it jams their bandwidth. With the pressures of T-moblie and Sprint releasing the recent updates so quickly the pressure is on for carriers to release updates sooner thus allowing more bugs to sneak through.

Regarding battery life my wife bought an extra battery and charger for it as a bundle on Amazon. When her battery runs out she just switches it out for a full one. Most days though she doesn't need the extra battery. Also, her gs4 is not slow at all. It moves along quickly switching between apps and performing normal tasks. The SD card may be your issue. I would copy the data onto a computer then put the sd card back in the phone and wipe it (reformat) through the phone options. That may help with the lag. Also, if you create a phone back up a factory reset isn't much hassle at all. KiesAir

I honestly get what your saying makes logical sense but also remember they bake evil into every build the death star a cometh for your wallet and Vader holding your phone in a choke hold using the force to push you twards a new phone the next plan as they don't make any money off updates that actually 100% work and subsequent software bug patches the only time they have a mad rush to get this out is a "security patch" when someone xploit it roots it and cracks a boot loader

must have unlocked boot loaders!!

troshs

Trusted Member
Jul 6, 2013
Visit site
It's all about sales my friends. I had a job interview at AT&T once and when they told me what their quota was per day I almost fell over. After the sale of the phone itself and the contract that's about all they want. At least in the store where I work that also sells cellphones (not a carrier store) the only thing we push is third party insurance which is good shiz btw and beats the snot out of carrier insurance.

Posted via Android Central App

sjraman79

Apr 27, 2012
Visit site
battery sucks after the update......In the battery ususage mostly the android system is taking more (26% ) and Google Play service 18% and Android OS is 10 % I never noticed like this, i always see my screen take lot better than this.

jza95

Dec 28, 2011
Visit site
I'm having issues with the Home button, a big lag. When I'm on one of my other screens and I click the home button, nothing happens on the first try. I have to click it again to actually jump to my home screen.

Last edited:

tsusala1951

Jan 20, 2012
Visit site
I updated my AT&T Galaxy S4 on Thursday 2/27. Almost immediately, my e-mail wouldn't sync.. so I disabled that app and downloaded AquaMail.
I've heard horror stories regarding bugs from OTA OS updates, and so far the mail bug is all that has happened.
I'm still kinda put off because the e-mail app that came w/the handset worked flawlessly until the 4.4.2 update....
If anyone hears of a bug fix, please let me know!!!

Thanx

Tom Susala
t.susala@att.net

troshs

Trusted Member
Jul 6, 2013
Visit site
The OK GOOGLE thing from the home screen only works on Nexus and GPE devices (Google play edition. ) as regular phone users, we didn't get a lot of the extra cool stuff in the update

Sent from my S4 to you via Tapatalk 🍬

Noan

Mar 6, 2014
Visit site
Phone works fine after update but it now takes 5 hours to charge and battery life seems shorter by a couple hours. .. makes the phone pretty much useless if not on the charger if you plan to do anything but have it sit idle.

seaham358

Feb 28, 2012
Visit site
I will NOT be doing the update till they get this mess figured out.. Sorry for your problems, but thanks for posting that way I know to wait.
Good luck all.

ebrandwein

Nov 1, 2012
Visit site
Having terrible battery life issues since upgrading. Charged my phone all night. Got up early. Checked my email and then put the phone down. Three hours later, battery was at 55%. It just sat there for three hours unused and drained 45% of its capacity?! That's nuts. Something is very wrong.

AugustArborists

Sep 22, 2011
Visit site
I'm at 90% battery after almost 8 hours of mostly standby, maybe 6 calls and 9 or so emails. The phone has been perfect since the update, I wish I knew how I did it. Good luck to all, hope all of your issues get resolved.
I'm only posting this so others see sometimes the update works well.

Bigal6921

Mar 7, 2014
Visit site
I am seeing a DRAMATIC increase in the time it takes for me to actually charge my S4 now. I was at 47% when I got to the office at 8:30am and put it on the charger. It is now 3:35pm and only at 88%...

metle_geek

Jul 26, 2013
Visit site
I am seeing a DRAMATIC increase in the time it takes for me to actually charge my S4 now. I was at 47% when I got to the office at 8:30am and put it on the charger. It is now 3:35pm and only at 88%...

If you had root rites you would be able to delete the battery cache updates screw it up even official ota the battery meter needs to be reset but no root no reset unless you want to factory reset and loose everything unless you back it up to kies

must have unlocked boot loaders!!

rydeordie2302

May 29, 2013
Visit site
I'm having battery issues also. Android system is eating my battery throughout the day, almost as much as my screen. Is there a fix

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using AC Forums mobile app

muadib279

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
The OK GOOGLE thing from the home screen only works on Nexus and GPE devices (Google play edition. ) as regular phone users, we didn't get a lot of the extra cool stuff in the update

Sent from my S4 to you via Tapatalk ��
You can sideload the Google Now Launcher. It works well with the S4, but I don't know if I can get used to the big icons it has. You can get it below:
[APK Download] Google Search Updated To v3.2 – Meet The Google Now Launcher [Update: A Lot More]

troshs

Trusted Member
Jul 6, 2013
Visit site
Mine has been kinda so - so in the middle. It drains about as fast as it did with 4.3 while it is on and running, but if I put the phone to sleep and let it sit it barely moves. Which is how it should be when asleep but I want that kind of battery life all the time

Sent from my S4 to you via Tapatalk ON KITKAT 4.4 (Finally!) 🍫

Rick Jochum

Aug 28, 2013
Visit site
An update to this post ... did a back up and Factory Restore over the weekend and the phone seems to be good again. Battery life is normal.. but definitely not improved. The phone will stay connected to my home network now and all the apps seem to be working normally.

Georgia_Girl

Mar 10, 2014
Visit site
Since upgrading my phone bluetooth is basically unusable. The connection drops every few minutes. Is anyone else having this issue? Does anyone know if there any resolutions?

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
unirockers