KitKat issues with AT&T Galaxy S4

metle_geek

Jul 26, 2013
Visit site
I have the same but worse problem. my battery is swelling and affects the screen too. after the kitkat upgrade. done everything but failed. returned it to the store.

IF YOUR BATTERY IS SWELLING STOP USE IMMEDIATELY YOUR BATTERY IS UNSTABLE AND CAN EXPLODE

must have unlocked boot loaders!!

areo094

Apr 24, 2014
Visit site
After installing an update on my Samsung S4 my battery icon is appearing white and not green as it did before the update. Does anyone know how to solve this issue?

metle_geek

Jul 26, 2013
Visit site
After installing an update on my Samsung S4 my battery icon is appearing white and not green as it did before the update. Does anyone know how to solve this issue?

Unless you want to take the plunge root and flash a custom rom like i did no sorry it's a system file you won't be able to touch it without root

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using AC Forums mobile app

metle_geek

Jul 26, 2013
Visit site
See I themed mime to be red :)

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using AC Forums mobile app

Attachments

• 1398465100373.jpg
    1398465100373.jpg
    59.8 KB · Views: 36

shanonmc

Jul 10, 2014
Visit site
I was able to solve the battery issue by getting into Developer Options and changing Background Processes to 1 instead of Standard ....

MaggieWhatMay

Aug 26, 2014
Visit site
I found that having the sync on would drain my battery instantly and would cause a serious lag while charging. As long as I keep the sync turned off my battery is fine.

My big issue is apps running rampant in the background causing my battery to overheat (104°-113°) all the time. I downloaded a battery monitor and even with killing apps several times a day I still had issues. I finally called att and they wanted me to do a factory reset which I did and the battery over heated an hour later. On top of all of this when I did the factory reset it had different versions of the bloatware and most of them are Korean based and not even compatible with my phone.. I don't understand why that would be. I think the best option is to root my device unless anyone has any better ideas.