Samsung Kies3 Question

sparker781

Apr 3, 2010
Visit site
Is that what it means when you boot the phone and it shows a padlock unlocked? I tried to root my phone but was told after the fact you can't root the ATT Samsung Galaxy S4....How do I get it locked again?

metle_geek

Jul 26, 2013
Visit site
Ahhhh no thats not the boot loader that means you have custom files to get it back to official you have to delete the su partition did it put the su app on the phone? If so simply go to that app and select full un root

must have unlocked boot loaders!!

metle_geek

Jul 26, 2013
Visit site
Ok im assuming your on at&t and you upgraded to kit kat and tryed to root your phone?? Kit kat cant be rooted safely

must have unlocked boot loaders!!

sparker781

Apr 3, 2010
Visit site
can I turn my s4 into the Google play edition? I need as easy instructions as possible

Sent from my Galaxy S4 using The Android Central App

metle_geek

Jul 26, 2013
Visit site
Not if you upgraded to mk2 and up (4.2.3) or 4.4.2 if your on Verizon or AT&T forget it your boot loaders locked and no unlock method has been found but if you never updated from 4.2.2 you can use the lokidoki do ki tool to unlock the boot loader :) or if your not on at&t or verizon your boot loaders not locked

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using AC Forums mobile app

metle_geek

Jul 26, 2013
Visit site
S5 the international has been rooted far as carriers go Idk yet as they haven't been released so we simply don't know yet... OK please take a screen shot go to settings more about device should look like this it will tell me everything I need to know to point you in the rite direction

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using AC Forums mobile app

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MarcosVo